Best T-Mobile flip phone?

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
i like the samsung e715 the best. Why? It has an internal antenna so i dont have to worry about teh anetnna breaking.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I say the Sidekick, although I'm sure that's not waht you mean by flip phone. But the screen does flip. Quite literally. Having a full-featured web-browser on your belt is invaluable.

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
v300, because it's motorola, very nice screen, good camera, feels solid.

Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein
Originally posted by: fivespeed5

I concur :beer:

Moto V300 :)

The rep showed me that one and one that looked like the Samsung E105, but was a camera phone....don't see it listed though. I liked it because it was more compact...

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

That is the most popular phone in t-mobile history. We've been sold out since December 8th and just now (12/28) mailed out the backordered phones. There's a reason that it's so popular.

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: FFMCobalt

That is the most popular phone in t-mobile history. We've been sold out since December 8th and just now (12/28) mailed out the backordered phones. There's a reason that it's so popular.

if verizon would use this phone I'd buy it... t-mobile's gsm service sucks around here.

Cat13

Golden Member
Nov 14, 1999
I would say the Samsung E715. Not just because I have it ;) The rf is excellent, and looks good too (internal antenna). Sansung just makes good phones.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
I had expereince with two motorola phone. The one I owned was a v60. I hate it. The antenna breaks so easily and sometimes the ringer decides not to work. My auny owns non flip one from verizion. It is alright, but i takes forever to turn on. The v300 is popular, but i really do not like it. What is up with these companies coming up with funky key pads. The only place i have seen the v300 sold out, though, was the T-mobile website. Every other place had it in stock.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: FFMCobalt

if verizon would use this phone I'd buy it... t-mobile's gsm service sucks around here.

The only way to test this would be WITH a t-mobile phone in your area, but t-mobile has roaming agreements with certain carriers in certain areas. If your phone does not find the t-mobile network, you might be able to piggy-back on someone else's network in your area. Go to a local t-mobile store, ask the guys for a phone and a dealer's SIM card that you can test, then look around on the phone's settings for "network selection," set it for "manual" and see what other kinds of networks you can register on. If you can register your t-mobile phone on the verizon network (since verizon works where you are, I take it), then you're golden. :) There's never any charge for network-jumping.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Cat13
I would say the Samsung E715. Not just because I have it ;) The rf is excellent, and looks good too (internal antenna). Sansung just makes good phones.

That phone has been recalled TWICE by t-mobile to fix software problems. If you have that phone, you're ASKING for trouble.