Best sleeper games from the last year?

2timer

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2012
I'm looking for some new games to play after I finish Bioshock Infinite. What are some of the best sleeper games you played last year? Games that didn't get a lot of press attention, but were truly well crafted?

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
I thought Mark of the Ninja was fun. Same with Trine 2.

Last edited:

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
Darksiders 1 and 2? although the story doesnt end and only god knows when a new game of it will be released...

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Dark Souls, although I am not sure how much of a sleeper that would be considered. If you like fighting games, Skullgirls is pretty good and releasing in August for the PC.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I was thinking of this and might forget titles, but the first one to recommend is Legend of Grimrock.

Euro Truck Simulation 2 is also getting a lot of good comments, though of course not everyone wants that.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I was thinking of this and might forget titles, but the first one to recommend is Legend of Grimrock.

Euro Truck Simulation 2 is also getting a lot of good comments, though of course not everyone wants that.

oh yeah Legend of Grimrock. it was cheap and a good game.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I'd say Euro Truck Simulator 2 has been a pretty big sleeper hit.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I'd say Euro Truck Simulator 2 has been a pretty big sleeper hit.

Can anyone tell me how this game is fun? I'm not trashing, but genuinely curious.

Is it the adventure aspect? I may check it out.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Is that like Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing?

Yeah, but with more features, better graphics, better driving model, etc, etc. It's actually the same developer.

Can anyone tell me how this game is fun? I'm not trashing, but genuinely curious.

Is it the adventure aspect? I may check it out.

For some people, it is appealing in a relaxing, refreshing sort of way. You haul cargo and go on long drives across the European countryside, engine roaring beneath your feet, rain dancing against your windshield, and generally just chill and enjoy the scenery while making deliveries and making money to upgrade your trucks.

Last edited:

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
what king witch?

Meant to say Witch King. However, just looked through Darksiders 2 Wiki page and don't see him, so obviously I have his name mixed up with some other boss. That said, I can't seem to find the actual boss I'm stuck on. Haven't played the game in like 6 months, so that doesn't help.

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
Meant to say Witch King. However, just looked through Darksiders 2 Wiki page and don't see him, so obviously I have his name mixed up with some other boss. That said, I can't seem to find the actual boss I'm stuck on. Haven't played the game in like 6 months, so that doesn't help.

im thinking about a side quest that is on the 2nd map, the undead one.
thats a tough one if you dont have with better level/equipment than the one you have when you have access to that part. But anyway its a sidequest...

it was a big ass skeleton with a big fucking sword and i think he had a shield that is imprisoned on ice until you arrive right?

Last edited:

{bad}

Feb 1, 2012
singularity is one of the game which i enjoyed, i don't know how much media attention it got though.
it gets better as at higher difficulty because then actully have to use ur brain, at lower difficulty its like you are superman

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
I'm looking for some new games to play after I finish Bioshock Infinite. What are some of the best sleeper games you played last year? Games that didn't get a lot of press attention, but were truly well crafted?

all 6-7 hours of it!? great game.. unbelievably short, no wonder you are looking for the next game.

FPS Somebody mentioned Singularity, I enjoyed it too, nothing to spectacular, but fun.

OLD and on Steam
Kohan II: Kings of War its RTS and did capture points like combat before DOW or COH did it.. KOHAN is good too, but a bit unforgiving, its rush push or lose later in game.

JoetheLion

Nov 8, 2012
Oops, I thought this thread was about games that make you fall asleep and I had a huge list, nevermind.

jacktesterson

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
Sleeping Dogs

I really enjoyed it. Played for about 30 hours, have it 95% beat.

Not the longest game in the world though - 1/2 that time was just me screwing with cops and running over people for fun. Yeah that's me.