Best single slot video card for editing?

imported_Irse

Feb 6, 2008
Moved down from a ATX to a mATX board. Only have 4 expansion slots. I have a couple of TV tuner cards and I want to add more USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports to the back. I am using a GTX 660 right now but would like to use a single slot card. The only video I do is some home video with a HD camcorder, retreive HD contents off my cable box with a HD PVR and may edit commercials out of it and record analog TV off my TV tuners. No video games whatsoever. Any decent one slot cards for what I do?

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You're trading way down in performance if you need a true single slot card. Looks like 630 on the GeForce side or R7 240 on the Radeon side.

Any reason why you can't use a USB hub instead of an expansion card? That way you can keep the card you've got.

imported_Irse

Feb 6, 2008
I have two hubs and the HD PVR connected. I have four ports. I prefer to have any video input directly into the computer. Maybe it really doesn't matter.

Seba

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
Move back to full ATX motherboard and case if you have that many expansion cards.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
You could always get a Quadro K4000- it's the same GPU as a Geforce 650Ti but at a slightly lower clock speed, but with professional quality drivers and a single slot cooler.

quadro-k4000.png

Expect to pay considerably more money than you would for a Geforce card, though.

EDIT: Alternatively, you can get a HD7750 with a single slot cooler- at about a fifth of the cost!

Last edited:

imported_Irse

Feb 6, 2008
You could always get a Quadro K4000- it's the same GPU as a Geforce 650Ti but at a slightly lower clock speed, but with professional quality drivers and a single slot cooler.

quadro-k4000.png

Expect to pay considerably more money than you would for a Geforce card, though.

EDIT: Alternatively, you can get a HD7750 with a single slot cooler- at about a fifth of the cost!

Thanks