Best resource for locating an idiot by cell phone number?

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
I'm trying to sue this guy for destorying my uninsured car last year and I cannot find his correct address... the one on the police report is wrong according to the guy himself... yeah I spoke to him... I called the number I have and he answered... he confirmed the address i have was an old one but would not give me his current one. I need his mailing address so that I can have him served but i cant find it anywhere on the net... I've tried the white pages and the reverse directory service web pages and none of them find him... i did however speak to his grandmother poor old lady hasn't spoke to him since he graduated highschool.

Any ideas how I could get his address?

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Crazymofo
I'm trying to sue this guy for destorying my uninsured car last year and I cannot find his correct address... the one on the police report is wrong according to the guy himself... yeah I spoke to him... I called the number I have and he answered... he confirmed the address i have was an old one but would not give me his current one. I need his mailing address so that I can have him served but i cant find it anywhere on the net... I've tried the white pages and the reverse directory service web pages and none of them find him... i did however speak to his grandmother poor old lady hasn't spoke to him since he graduated highschool. Any ideas how I could get his address?

Have you entered his phone number in google? Enter in the search box in the following format (area code first): 850-872-XXXX and see what pops up ;)

bananaFish

Jul 8, 2003
I don't know of a directory for cell phone numbers but you may be able to serve him legally by placing a notice in your local news paper.

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Nope nothing from google expect that I found out his cell is a verizon wireless... I will try to call them but I know they won't give me any info
rolleye.gif

simms

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2001
I think there was a service that did reverse look ups for CELL PHONES. I read it on the story about how a guy lost his Apple to some other guy in FL and used the site to get the address. You may have to do some searching but I think it ran about $80, which may or may not be worth your time.

astartz

Jan 23, 2001
I will try to call them but I know they won't give me any info

have your atty. contact Verizon, if they say no to him, He can get a order requiring them to release the name and address

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: astartz
I will try to call them but I know they won't give me any info

have your atty. contact Verizon, if they say no to him, He can get a order requiring them to release the name and address

it will take a subpoena to get that info

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
You would need a subpoena to get his info from verizon as has been said....I'd try to employ some social engineering to get the address you need though.

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Soybomb
I'd try to employ some social engineering to get the address you need though.

Could you explain social engineering for me never heard the term before?

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Crazymofo
Originally posted by: Soybomb
I'd try to employ some social engineering to get the address you need though.

Could you explain social engineering for me never heard the term before?

Con the person into giving you the information. If they can't give you the information because of who you are, become someone else who they can give it to when you call. Perhaps you're the guy and forgot your SSN (okay so you're pretty stupid) but you just want to confirm the mailing address they have on file since you haven't gotten this months bill yet. Thats not what I'd use, but if you're clever you can come up with something to get the address from the support drone.

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Ok I see what you mean now thanks... I was going to do something similar but instead have my g/f call him and make something up to try and get his address....

flot

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
Oh yeah, have your GF do a total "your name was entered in a drawing and you've won a free igloo cooler summer fun pack, we just need to confirm your name and phone #, give us your address and we'll ship it to you right away." Just don't be stupid and make it too unrealistic, (or too soon after you were bugging him) or he'll catch on. As for why he was entered, come up with an entertaining lie, I'm sure you can think of something. Use the local white trash radio station or something like that. Hahahaha.

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Almost exactly what I was going to do.. Have it all scripted so it sounds real... he'll fall for it too my girl has the sexiest voice on the phone that I have ever heard.. she gets hit on at work all the time...

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Might be sure she calls from an anonymous location or blocks caller id, most cell phones will show caller id info......