best reservoir

Dec 30, 2007
I've been away for a while. My watercooling project got put on hold while I indulged my other hobby of performance cars. My car needed my attention and my money.

A few months ago I was planning on getting a Swiftech MCRES-Micro. Does anyone have any other advice on quality reservoirs. Preferably one that can be mounted either internally or directly to my Eheim 1048 pump. I'm getting rid of my Zalman Reserator which has only been used as a reservoir and extra passive cooling. My whole system is setup on g1/8 fittings, but it looks like I'll replace all those with g1/4. I'm not big into tweeking for performance, but no sense having some of the fittings one size and some others bottlenecked at another size.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
as of right now the best reservoir,

is the XSPC DDC Res top combo.

Offers the best performance out of all the DDC res top combos, and has the fewest issues with bleeding.

The best non DDC res, would probably be my favorate, the Swiftech MicroRes. Its dirt cheap, and does a very good job at what its suposed to do!

Very newbie friendly also.

And yes this belongs in the case and cooling section.

Dec 30, 2007
Originally posted by: gingerstewart55
You may even find better answers here:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/f.../forumdisplay.php?f=70

A lot more active water cooling forum than anything found here......as well as LN2, phase change, etc., etc.

Yeah, I tried joining a few months ago and all my primary email providers are not valid for registering. Something about them not allowing registration using gmail or yahoo.

Dec 30, 2007
Originally posted by: aigomorla

Offers the best performance out of all the DDC res top combos, and has the fewest issues with bleeding.

The best non DDC res, would probably be my favorate, the Swiftech MicroRes. Its dirt cheap, and does a very good job at what its suposed to do!

I'm not interested in changing my pump. Looks like the microres is what I'll end up with.

Dec 30, 2007
Originally posted by: justjeffthreadmonkey
Originally posted by: gingerstewart55
You may even find better answers here:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/f.../forumdisplay.php?f=70

A lot more active water cooling forum than anything found here......as well as LN2, phase change, etc., etc.

Yeah, I tried joining a few months ago and all my primary email providers are not valid for registering. Something about them not allowing registration using gmail or yahoo.

Or....I take that back...apparently I am registered there, go figure.

nullpointerus

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2003
Originally posted by: aigomorla

A few years ago I read about evaporative cooling.

Apparently, you rig up a long, large piece of PVC pipe as a vertical shaft, drop the hot water down the shaft to cool it -- like a tiny, artificial waterfall -- and keep a fan running at the top of the shaft to help pull the moist air out.

Whatever happened to this, and how does it compare to ordinary water cooling?

I suppose the effectiveness would be highly dependent upon the room's humidity. But then again, it would lessen the need to run a humidifier if the environment is naturally very dry.