Best quality software for compress BD-50/25 to BD-9?

Platinum Member
May 7, 2003
Hello,

I want to rip n compress BD-50/25 discs to BD-9 in original folder BD format. Which software generally provides the best results? I've been using DVDfab, but I've heard there are better pieces of software in terms of quality. I do not want to rip to mkv due to too many codec issues and player compatibility.

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
BDRebuilder seems to garner lots of praise... and since it's coming from the same guy who created DVDRebuilder, I'd say it probably deserves the accolades...

smitbret

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2006
I came from the days of DVDFab versus DVDRebuilder and unless DVDFab has REALLY stepped up their game, BDRebuiler is probably the way to go. Hope your PC has a great CPU cuz this is not the same as transcoding.

Platinum Member
May 7, 2003
Thanks I'll check out BD-Rebuilder. It's kind of annoying to have to do a 2 step process, but if the quality is distinguishable over dvdfab it'll be worth the time.

smitbret

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2006
Keep in mind that BD-Rebuilder does a complete re-encode instead of just a transcode of the original source material. It'll take a lot longer to compress, but the quality trade off will probably be worth it. Any compression lowers the quality, but there can often be a staggering difference. Back in the DVD days I would use Nero Recode to compress anything to about 70% (45 minutes to complete), but anything more than that (50-70%) I would use DVD Rebuilder with the CCE Encoder. The results were about the same even with the 20% savings in space, but DVD-RB would take upwards of 6 hours with my old single core AMD 2500+.