Best prank calls you used to do.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
When I was young (before caller ID and all that crap) our favorite prank call would be:

Them: "Hello"
Us: "Hello, this is your neighbor calling and I think your cat is in my garage"
Them: "We don't have a cat"
Us: "Well then we don't have a garage!"
HANG UP

Don't know why it was so funny to us but it was.

And of course the refridgerator one is always good too.

TitanDiddly

Dec 8, 2003
Best one I ever recieved:

11 year old girl, trying to impersonate a deep voice: Uh.... this is the Boston company.... *giggle* hang up.

Edit: When you know somebody is watching TV, call up and ask them to change the channel for you, such and such show is on.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Best ones are when I use the office line to call someone and say that they're being sued for such and such and we have al this evidence. Works even better with caller id since we're a law firm. Oh wait, those weren't pranks...

No, it worked great on some of my friends, bwahahaa. Espeically when I know they did something wrong and start having them sweat.

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
A friend and I make calls under the guise that we're an AM radio station giving out prizes for participants. We've talked to people for well over an hour. :Q

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: bradruth
A friend and I make calls under the guise that we're an AM radio station giving out prizes for participants. We've talked to people for well over an hour. :Q

wow... just wow..

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001

Similar to what my friend does (he has no life). He will take telemarketer calls and just keep them on the phone for as long as possible, until they just hang up on him.

Longest he's had one was timed at 2 hours and 12 minutes. Longest he's put one on hold until they hang up is 26 minutes.

AgentEL

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2001
Before caller ID and after the invention of 3-way calling:

First, a friend (Person A) and I (Person B) would call each other. Then each of us would call one other person (Person C & D). Both of us would stay very quiet. If both people pick up the phone at the same time, then each one would be very confused.

Person C: "Hello?"
Person D: "uhh... hello?"
Person C: "Yes?"
Person D: "Why did you call?"
Person C: "No wait, you called me."
etc. etc.

Allio

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2002
The only one I can remember was calling up about 50 people from the phonebook with the last name 'Adams' and cracking some joke about the Addams Family. Results were mixed. Once or twice people played along, that was hilarious ;)

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
Originally posted by: BaboonGuy
Who is daddy and what does he do? :D that was a fun night

I think I dialed every 4 digit extension DURING FINALS WEEK AT 1AM with arnold. yeah, it just happened to be my first drinking experience, too.

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
It was me and lucky Charlie and we called this old guy Harold at 2:00am. Anway it went like this..

ring ring..

Harold: Hello?

Charlie: Hi Harold.

Harold:Who is this? It's 2 in the morning!

Charlie: Hey motherf*cker I can see you.

Harold: Who is this?

Charlie: Haha Harold, your a motherf*cker!

Harold: WHO IS THIS?

Charlie: Hey Harold I ordered pancakes from your buisness yesterday.

Harold: Yea..

Charlie: And you know what I put on my pancakes Harold?

Harold: Huh...

Charlie: Raw dog sh*t on my pancakes motherf*cker!!! Hahaha...

Harold: Ohhhhh... Wait till I get the cops.

Charlie: You ain't gonna do sh*t Harold!

Harold: Ohh... How dare you talk to me like that!!

we hung up the phone and laughed our a**es off.

:D

saxophonoia

Platinum Member
Nov 6, 2003
We used to call people and tell them that they've won some lumber from Lowe's, this one guy bought it and while one of my friends kept talking to him to get him to come down to the store to pick it up we were busy laughing our a**ses off.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
At my first office job you could do this fun trick with the phone system: call one nearby guy using the internal extension, then quickly do a conference call w/another guy by dialing his full phone number. Then you hang up and listen to them go "hello? hello? who's this? did you call me? no did you call me??"

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Yossarian
At my first office job you could do this fun trick with the phone system: call one nearby guy using the internal extension, then quickly do a conference call w/another guy by dialing his full phone number. Then you hang up and listen to them go "hello? hello? who's this? did you call me? no did you call me??"

Hahaa. My office too. We also have this thing where we put the other guy on hold without him even picking up the phone using a trick with the conference option.

Edit: for the smiley :cool:

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by: TallBill

wow... just wow..

And we've got about half a dozen addresses so we could "send the merchandise." We've thought about sending some funny stuff, but we never did. We just call people on campus from the directory.

dguy6789

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2002
I would answer telemarketer's calls and then end up trying to sell THEM something instead of vice versa.

It be like:

Them: Hi how are you doing today?
me: pretty good
them: are you interested in bla bla bla
me: actually i have been looking into getting one of those
them: well i just happen to be selling these things at a great price
me: you know what really goes together with those?
them: what is it sir?
me: "somethign random i say"
them: really?
me: Yea, they are cool
them: i should try them
me: well i have a deal for you, send me 5 payments of $19.95 and ill send you this nice "whatever we were talkin about" but thats not all, call in the next 5 minutes and ill throw in this free stain absorbancy cloth(a towel), but wait, we will also send you the new technology, known as screws, power tools used in the most advanced computers, it has been proven that screws can prevent the dreaded problem ppl have with computers, known only as "fall apart"

At this point the guy is like wtf are you talkin about and me and my friends are crackin up :)

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Originally posted by: dguy6789
I would answer telemarketer's calls and then end up trying to sell THEM something instead of vice versa.

It be like:

Them: Hi how are you doing today?
me: pretty good
them: are you interested in bla bla bla
me: actually i have been looking into getting one of those
them: well i just happen to be selling these things at a great price
me: you know what really goes together with those?
them: what is it sir?
me: "somethign random i say"
them: really?
me: Yea, they are cool
them: i should try them
me: well i have a deal for you, send me 5 payments of $19.95 and ill send you this nice "whatever we were talkin about" but thats not all, call in the next 5 minutes and ill throw in this free stain absorbancy cloth(a towel), but wait, we will also send you the new technology, known as screws, power tools used in the most advanced computers, it has been proven that screws can prevent the dreaded problem ppl have with computers, known only as "fall apart"

At this point the guy is like wtf are you talkin about and me and my friends are crackin up :)

LOL..that's good :D

someone16

Dec 18, 2003
Dudes keep phoning my cell saying stuff like:
"Hey dave wheres my meniscus?"
"Do you have a meniscus?"

Annoying~~~but kinda funni

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
The Nortel-brand phones at Best Buy used to allow you to dial the extension of a different department, then use a function key to divert them to the store loudspeaker. There are always shy girls who freak out at the idea of having to use the loudspeaker so naturally they'd always be the target. :D

It was also possible to use a store wireless phone to connect directly to the speaker of any department. You could be at the back of the store and start screaming obscenities at the cashiers if you wanted to. :p

kermalou

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2001
my friends little brother called a child abuse hot line and it went something like this:

him: my father beats me
them: (something like we are sorry)
him: Jow beats me almost every night
them: please do not use names
him: he beats me with his left and his right
them: (dont remember exactly)
him: he also has a wicked cross over
them: .....

lancestorm

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2003
Calling bowling alley..

Me: Do you have 8 lb balls?
Bowling Place: Yes
Me: Then how in the hell do you walk?

Still makes me LMAO...never had a woman answer, else I'm not sure what I would have done!

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
One of my friends from college did some funny ones where he responded to classified ads, regular newspaper ads, or just calling any business.

Ikonomi

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2003
LOL

The three-way and conference call ones, plus kermalou's, plus lancestorm's, plus selling the telemarketers stuff... I'm gonna die of laughing. Hahaha.

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
one night in HS
my friend called 1800 GOOD-GUY. he spoke in a really funny strange voice.

'yes, is this gay line?'
'no sir, were a moving company.'
'this is 1800 GOOD GUY, no?'
'yes'
'then its gay line'
'no sir were a moving company!'
'it used to be gay line'
'well sir, i dont know, do you need anything moved?'
'are you gay'

it went on like that for a while longer before the guy finally hung up.