Best place to get a TI 89?

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Also, is the titanium edition worth it? I want the EE package but I read that regular 89s can still get it from TIs website. I've read they also can get the new UI from TI. Am I correct in saying that the only benefits to getting the Titanium left are 1) more flash memory 2) can plug directly into computer (as opposed to me having to make a homemade link)??

IF so, I THINK I would like to just get a 89, since they are quite a bit cheaper.

Basically I think a 89 would be useful since I'm in CompE.. everyone else has one and I'm stuck with my stupid 83+, but then again I think a lot of kids with the 89s prolly didn't pass linear alg/diff eq last semester heh. But really, I think during the rest of my schooling that a 89 would be a godsend and I want to get one now since I have exams in a couple of weeks. :D

I've checked ebay a lot, but it seems by the time they end the brand-new 89s go for just as much as retail. Do any places like Amazon.com carry them where I could use some $ off coupons or the like?

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Looks like the cheapest 89 titanium is $150 w/ free shipping @ circuit city online. Brand-new Titaniums go for like $120+ on ebay, plus usually $10+ shipping. So I have a hard time going to ebay when I could just outright buy it, except that retailers don't seem to sell the old Ti89 still. Any better options??

Cawchy87

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2004
For the ti-83 at least, there is no noticable differance between the silver edition and regular (at least for my purposes) except that you can play mario on the silver edition, but not on the black one.

sniperruff

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Cawchy87
For the ti-83 at least, there is no noticable differance between the silver edition and regular (at least for my purposes) except that you can play mario on the silver edition, but not on the black one.

yes i've seen people play mario on the old black one.