best pizza deals?

dpopiz

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2001
I'm thinking of having a large lan party soon, and I'm going to provide some pizzas and soda. what are the best deals around for delivered pizza? and also what are the best deals for non-delivered like papa murphy's or something?

Grasshopper27

Banned
Sep 11, 2002
Pizza Hut and Papa John's usually have good 2 and 3 pizza deals.

How many Pizzas do you need? Any good pizza place worth their salt will cut you a deal if you need more than 3 pizzas. If you're ordering 10, don't make them too complex and you'll get them delivered pretty cheap.

Hopper

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Check your local newspaper for Papa Murphy's coupons, their large combination pizza is DELICIOUS and easily beats the big 3 pizza chains.

I've seen $10.99 coupons in the newspaper a few times a week.

MrsHoneybee

Dec 29, 2002
Papa John's have nice pizzas.

Too bad there aren't any Papa Murphy's there. I love their chicken garlic and hawaiian pizzas...yummy!! :D

crypticlogin

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2001
Any good pizza place worth their salt will cut you a deal if you need more than 3 pizzas. If you're ordering 10, don't make them too complex and you'll get them delivered pretty cheap.
That's good advice. Call around and see what places are willing to do for you, especially the locally owned joints (good/great pizza at good prices.. they get more of my money than the chains). Given enough prep time, I could see a place give you e.g. $6 pies when they normally cost $8-9.

And see if any places around you make sheet pies since they're pretty large and usually a better value than the circular pies.

ChinamanatNCSU

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2001
If you've got a Gumby's around, you can get a large for 7.99. But then again, that might be a dorm deal for NC State. So, YMMV

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
For 2 weeks in february, papa johns is gonna sell Large One Topping pizzas for $5.99 around here.

I think its only a local deal

BuckNaked

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
RossMAN
Next time you are in NW Portland, or near Downtown, check out Pizza Oasis on NW Burnside and 20th avenue.... A slice of Chorizo, Sun Dried Tomato and Roasted Garlic with a pint of Black Butte Porter sounds sooooooooooooooooooo good right now!!!! If it wasn't a 12 hour drive, I might just run up there!

Dave

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Buck_Naked
RossMAN
Next time you are in NW Portland, or near Downtown, check out Pizza Oasis on NW Burnside and 20th avenue.... A slice of Chorizo, Sun Dried Tomato and Roasted Garlic with a pint of Black Butte Porter sounds sooooooooooooooooooo good right now!!!! If it wasn't a 12 hour drive, I might just run up there!

Dave

Pizza Oasis rings a bell but I don't think I've ever tried them. Will do, thanks.

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
I always get 2 large pizzas from Papajohns.com for $14.99. I think if you CALL the price is $16.99. You can also add chicken strips for $4.99, so you get 2 1 topping pizzas and chicken for $20 + tip if applicable. In fact this is what I'm ordering today. :) (remember, online only)

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
6.99 for a large 2 topping dinner special
2.99 for 2 XL slices and a drink lunch special

Michelangelo's in Cary, NC

They have the bomb sauce and throw on the toppings

TJN23

Golden Member
May 4, 2002
my local pizza joint across from my school (Marist College in Poughkeepsie, NY) called Marina's Pizza has this giveaway- 52 free pizza's, one for every week of the year, ya just gotta enter the contest!
check out the link of u live in that area

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Domino's always cut us dirt cheap deals when we ordered more than 5 pizza's at a time. If memory serves me correct, around $5-$6 delivered for a large single topping.

It's not exactly gormet pizza, but it's cheap!

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
depending on how many pizzas your gonna order you can just call one of the chains and say hey i wanna order 6 pizzas ( or however many your gonna order ) what kind of a deal can you cut me, usually if its 5+ they will give you a discounted price.