best pc shooter?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
Theres a difference between merely PC shooter and 3D shooter

Of which Tribes is the only one that can qualify as it really is the only game/series that truly adds that 3rd dimension to the gameplay. :p

AllGamer

Apr 26, 2006
Tribes series is the only one i'll vote for

or Ghost Recon series

those are the only 2 tittles that are worth playing, the rest sucks ass

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Originally posted by: bunnyfubbles

Of which Tribes is the only one that can qualify as it really is the only game/series that truly adds that 3rd dimension to the gameplay. :p

The Descent series is a better example of that. I remember some reviewers back then used to make a distinction between 3D and 6DOF or 360 degree, but there haven't been any more games like that after Descent 3. :(

Oct 4, 2004
I :heart: the Half-Life games' single-player campaigns. Not much of a multiplayer-enthusiast but I do like the Battlefield games (though I get owned all the time).

Munky

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2005
I'm not much into twitch shooters, so... my vote goes to Stalker. One of the few games where I SP gameplay was interesting enough to play several times.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
Originally posted by: CP5670
Originally posted by: bunnyfubbles

The Descent series is a better example of that. I remember some reviewers back then used to make a distinction between 3D and 6DOF or 360 degree, but there haven't been any more games like that after Descent 3. :(

I guess it could qualify as a 'shooter' but that's more of a different class such as space fighter sims...of which we'd have to include the likes of TIE Fighter...

Pretty sure the OP was specifically considering the FPS genre.