Best Out-Of-State Library Card for Ebooks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vulcanman

Apr 11, 2001
So my local library does not have EBOOKS ! I see that several others counties across the US do. Some of them charge you a small out-of-state fee for a library card. The thought process is ... I can use such a card to get ebooks to my Nook. Any thoughts ... advice ? Thanks !

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
I'm confused. Why don't you just get your ebooks on the internet?

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
I'm confused. Why don't you just get your ebooks on the internet?

He wants to borrow them through the digital download system that many libraries (but not his local one) use.

Unfortunately, many libraries (NYPL being a major one) closed off out-of-state access when they started to expand their ebook library.

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
He wants to borrow them through the digital download system that many libraries (but not his local one) use.

Unfortunately, many libraries (NYPL being a major one) closed off out-of-state access when they started to expand their ebook library.

Ah, I did not know that. Thanks for the explanation!

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Project Gutenberg and the baen.com free library should keep you busy for a little while. Everyone should read Pudd'nhead Wilson and With the Lightnings.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
It's not library lending, but have you looked at the free/cheap nook books at Barnes and Noble? I just downloaded 4 free ones and 4 $.99 ones and there are many more. I suppose it depends on what type of book you're looking for.

Our library has ebooks but the demand outstrips the supply and you have to get on a waiting list for most of the new ones.

vulcanman

Apr 11, 2001
Thanks Guys ! ... our adjacent county library system has ebooks and they charge $30 per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.