Best or 1080p 60fps streaming

chasedown26

Dec 7, 2015
Im looking to upgrade my computer i have a i5 2500k at 4.6. Cand decide between an i5-6500 with an rx470 4gb or an fx 8350 with a rx 480gb.... my buget is tight and a sale locally would get me a fx 8350 and a good mobo for 210 total where i would spend 250ish on the intel rig after rebates the fx would be 190 and the intel 240.
I like to stream games im playing and my friend wanted to start recording us playing other games like risk and stuff while drinking lol and would need to render the videos... which would be better?

I would mostly be playinh games maybe 20 to 25 percent rendering.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

sirmo

Golden Member
Oct 10, 2011
If you're tight on budget, I would probably just get an rx480 if I were you.. your 2500K can hold you over for a few more months for Zen, which should disrupt the market and lower CPU prices, then upgrade the CPU once there is some competition.

chasedown26

Dec 7, 2015
Its more of a im selling my computer to upgrade situation lol sorry i didn't mention that i have zero extra cash... so i was gonna sell my rig for 700ish. My pcpartpicker configs (adjusting for local sales) bring the amd rig in at 660 ish before rebates (local) and the intel one with the leaser gpu at 720ish. This is with 16gb ram for both and therything but gpu ram mobo and cpu the same.

My current rig is 2500k with a gtx 670 ( on loan lol from my friend) with 16gb ram and 1.25tb hdd space (1 250 hdd and 1 1tb hdd) with a 750w psu ( non rated).

sirmo

Golden Member
Oct 10, 2011
ahh.. in that case I'd go with "i5-6500 with an rx470 4gb"

chasedown26

Dec 7, 2015
ahh.. in that case I'd go with "i5-6500 with an rx470 4gb"
Would that still be good with live streaming and video editing stuff... im not looking for amd is better answer i just want to be sure before i try it. I bought my i5 2500k and mobo thinking i can upgrade to a ivy proessor later but never did because the prices never went down enough back then. And ive read reviews where fx takes less of a hi when streaming.... but if intel has higher frames maybe the intel taking a hit while streaming will be as good as amd not streaming? I dunno i dont know anyone with an amd cpu to compare.. and most reviewrs just throw out a blerb like amd will be slightly better with multi core programs but rarely quantify it with detail or real world things like streaming a game while also having other programs up like chrome and obs... oh one game i want to play but pretty much cant atm ( gpu i think is not up to par) is star citizen.if the i5 can handle that then im happy lol

sirmo

Golden Member
Oct 10, 2011
Would that still be good with live streaming and video editing stuff... im not looking for amd is better answer i just want to be sure before i try it. I bought my i5 2500k and mobo thinking i can upgrade to a ivy proessor later but never did because the prices never went down enough back then. And ive read reviews where fx takes less of a hi when streaming.... but if intel has higher frames maybe the intel taking a hit while streaming will be as good as amd not streaming? I dunno i dont know anyone with an amd cpu to compare.. and most reviewrs just throw out a blerb like amd will be slightly better with multi core programs but rarely quantify it with detail or real world things like streaming a game while also having other programs up like chrome and obs... oh one game i want to play but pretty much cant atm ( gpu i think is not up to par) is star citizen.if the i5 can handle that then im happy lol

fx 8350 is an aging architecture.. even though it has twice the [integer] cores and even in multithreaded tasks like encoding, i5 6500 will match it if not outright beat it. In single threaded tasks it's not even close.

Here is a comparison of fx 8350 and i5 6400 (a tier below the 6500). http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/364/AMD_FX-Series_FX-8350_vs_Intel_Core_i5_i5-6400.html

It makes little sense to go for AMD on the CPU at the moment unless you're buying one of the budget Bristol Ridge laptops or until Zen comes out.