Best NVidia driver for my purposes in dual boot?

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001
Hello,

I have a Visiontek GF3 Ti200 card and I'm dual booting with Win98SE and WinXP Pro.

What I want is the best 3d performance in Win98SE because I have 98 loaded primarily for gaming. I would like the best driver for 2d in WinXP because I do most everything else in XP.

Are there such drivers? One that offers better 2d performance and one that offers better 3d performance?

TIA,

Sal

Rand

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
If your worried about 2D performance stick to the 27.20 drivers or earlier, the later drivers still have few bugs popping up that have dramatically lowered 2D performance.
Of course there are so few apps left that are even remotely dependent upon 2D performance that your highly unlikely to actually notice the difference.
3D performance... well everyone has a different opinion as to the best driver set for gaming, personally I favor the 27.10's or 28.32's.

whats wrong with gaming in xp?

He's probably got a handful of older Win9X only games, that don't cope well with the NT kernel. Or perhaps he has some leftover DOS games.

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001
So.. Use a 27.20 driver for the best 2d performance? Thanks.

I use 98SE primarily because I think games run a little better in 98SE than XP. I have noticed that they run smoother. Well.. I just built a new pc with an Athlon XP1800+ and that could be better than my other pc with XP (750 Duron).

What should I do? Should I stick to XP Pro for gaming instead of 98SE? I haven't really tried XP Pro out with the new system yet.

You know.. I just thought about this.. Because I'm running two OS, I can use the driver with better 2d in WinXP Pro and then use the driver with better 3d performance in Win98SE. Seems like a good idea to me. :)

Thanks again.