Best mobo solution for AMD and Crossfire?

Silmatharien

Mar 21, 2005
I plan on overclocking so I want an enthusiast board. IDE RAID preferably but I have a controller so this isn't a big issue. I'm planning on getting an X1900XT and might buy another one in the future so I want to leave the option open.

I was looking at this the DFI LANParty UT RDX200 but the review I read is from October 18 so I'm wondering if there is something newer and a better choice.

thanks

Heidfirst

Platinum Member
May 18, 2005
wait a week or 2 & there will be new Abit & DFI RD580 mobos along with the Asus & Sapphires to compare.

Silmatharien

Mar 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Heidfirst
wait a week or 2 & there will be new Abit & DFI RD580 mobos along with the Asus & Sapphires to compare.

well I won't be upgrading until at least the end of the month because I have to wait until I get a job and exams finish up.

GrJohnso

Jun 18, 2004
Looking to bump this topic... Looking into a possible upgrade myself. My sig has my old hardware, but I'm looking at/considering a crossfire rig since I might have an x1800xt Crossfire Edition in my hands and would like to think about a new mb and second OEM x1800xt to go with it if the price was right. Since the card is already a master, I wouldn't NEED the nifty new crossfire features built into the mb for a while at least, but would keep it in mind.

So, the question is do I get a proven xpress 200 based board that is known to be good at overclocking for a good price, or spend double for an xpress with features a may or may not ever use before next major upgrade?