Best Headset?

Scionix

Feb 25, 2009
Hey guys, out of curiosity, what is the best headset out right now? I own a fatality headset, I'm not unhappy with it, I was just wondering where it stacked up against other models.

What do you guys use?

haffey

Oct 16, 2008
I use a Steelseries Siberia and I love it. I had an Icemat model but someone decided to punch me in the side of the head so I had to get the Steelseries. Other than being punched, they're very durable (the wires get rolled over by my rolly-chair almost every day). Sounds great too.

murphyslabrat

Jan 9, 2007
I haven't tried the Siberia, but if the 3H is anything to judge by, you are in for a treat. As a thought, the Rosewill RHM-556 headset ($15 @Newegg) appears very similar in dimension, shape, and specifications to the 3H...maybe a gamble, but surely one worth having something you could give to a friend.

3H has excellent performance, good bass down to about 50hz, and it sounds wonderfully distortion free at almost top volume. The highs are quite crisp and clean, though they are kinda rolled-off. It sounds the teensiest bit fuzzy, and I do mean teensiest. It has mildly better highs than the AKG K27i's, but the latter has better bass. The mic is alright, and the cable is a thick one, with heavy duty jacks at the end.

They are kinda small, more covering your ear than enveloping it, but you get used to it. Unfortunately, you can't bend them very much, as they have a sensative joint at the top.

Rottie

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2002
my roommate has Bose headset I dont know model but he loves it so much. I guess Bose makes a good headset than others

Eureka

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Originally posted by: Rottie
my roommate has Bose headset I dont know model but he loves it so much. I guess Bose makes a good headset than others

You can't be serious..

My experience with Logitech headsets is that they're not very reliable, I've had two break down on me already. Sound quality isn't that great either.

If you want a good headset, stick with a known quality brand like Sennheiser or a well reviewed model.

looper

Golden Member
Oct 22, 1999
I used to agree with cevilgenius.

But, I kept an open mind. For gaming I was using just a pair of pretty good Grado headphones. My son wanted two-way communication on the game servers, so I picked up a Logitech mic. Though being somewhat computer-literate, I thought, we could not get that darn mic working.

So, doing some research, I was leaning to the Medusa, but ended up with the new Logitech G35 headset. The less expensive wireless model Logi has not had a lot of flattering reviews. So I was worried when I bought the G35 yesterday, despite the excellent reviews of that model.

Yesterday, I hooked it up: Install disk, connect, and presto, all working great. It is EXCELLENT so far. Son and I played COD-WaW last night....fantastic sound localization/directionality. Build quality looks to be superior to previous/other models. And listening to MP3's, music quality is very good, though not as good as the Grado's. For gaming, I really don't think there is anything better out there right now, IMHO...

Brian

Rottie

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2002
Originally posted by: cevilgenius
Originally posted by: Rottie

You can't be serious..

My experience with Logitech headsets is that they're not very reliable, I've had two break down on me already. Sound quality isn't that great either.

If you want a good headset, stick with a known quality brand like Sennheiser or a well reviewed model.

I dont wear headset because i am hearing impaired so my roommate loves it he had one for 3 years he never complains. So I figure Bose is good and way very expensive.

Skyzoomer

Sep 27, 2007
One standard of the industry headset for video production is the Sony MDR-7506. It does not color the sound in any way, has excellent frequency response, does not feel hot over the ears and is very comfortable to wear for hours without undue pressure on the head.

I've used one for about 9 years doing video production and it has never developed any problems. I still use it for my PC. Expensive but worth it.

Skyzoomer (Cheap things are of no value. Valuable things are not cheap.)

looper

Golden Member
Oct 22, 1999
Skyzoomer...

Think he was looking for a headset. Isn't that Sony model just headphones (no mic) ?

Skyzoomer

Sep 27, 2007
Originally posted by: looper
Skyzoomer...
Think he was looking for a headset. Isn't that Sony model just headphones (no mic) ?

Opps, you're right. I didn't make the distinction correctly. My Bad. Thanks for the correction!

Mwing

Sep 29, 2001
Text

using this now, tried some logitech's and altec lansing before, this razer is most comfortable since the material used for the padding and long cable, the ear peices are huge that adds comfort also. sounds great and microphone is clear according to my ventrilo friends.

pjkenned

Jan 14, 2008
www.servethehome.com
That Steelseries 3H V2 is a GREAT headset. Sadly it died somewhere en route flying from Texas to California due to some hard knocks that broke the plastic in half. I needed one same day couldn't get another locally/quickly so tried the Logitech. Not as good, but fine.

looper

Golden Member
Oct 22, 1999
pjkenned...

Which Logitech do you have? The G35?... We've been very happy w/ the G35's...

nataku00

Dec 5, 2004
I've been very happy with my Steelseries 5Hv2's. Very comfortable for my head, the mic boom is retractable into the left ear can, and the sound directionality while in game is excellent.

The bass is a bit weak for music, but otherwise, a very good gaming headset.