Best headset for PC gaming?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
I own the steel series arctis 5 and love it. Best gaming headset I have owned. Not as good as a good headphone but as far as headsets go I dig the arctis 5. The mic works great and the sound quality is good. The headset is very comfy for me too.

Reactions: cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
What are people doing to break headsets so often? You know you're not supposed to spike them when you lose a round, right? I have a set of
Razer Carcharias that are probably 8 years old and in great shape. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Personally I’m not breaking them but my sennheiser headset is maybe 10 years old and unless you play with the volume knob all the time you lose audio from the left side

FreshBross

Jul 30, 2018
After going through many headsets I've found my newest the Hyper X to be the greatest one I've yet to come across.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Well plantronics gaming gear isnt totally garbage, but there's better choices.

AMD64Blondie

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2013
A good set of headphones and a seperate microphone is the way to go,in my opinion.

(Running a set of Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro headphones,paired up with a Blue Snowball USB desktop microphone).

This combo works out so much better for me than the old headsets I was using in the past.