Best free fax to e-mail service?

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
What is the best free fax to e-mail service?

MotionMan

10/24/09 EDIT:

How do you convert an .efx file to .pdf on a Mac? The Mac eMessenger program does not seem to have the menu selections suggested by most of the help websites.

Thanks.

MotionMan

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
best, I don't know, but I use faxzero for 3 pages or less. They put a cover page on it with an ad, but I haven't received one so am not sure what it looks like.

SoulAssassin

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
fatwallet has a couple good threads on this, are you looking for outgoing or incoming or both?

markgm

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2001
I think it's amazing that there's not an easy way to use a cell phone as a fax machine or that all in one printers don't have some way of faxing over the Internet built in as a feature. Maybe Google will offer it at some point. I too have used faxzero.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
i have been through this...I evetually caved b/c they are stopped being free at some point.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: SoulAssassin
fatwallet has a couple good threads on this, are you looking for outgoing or incoming or both?

Just incoming at this point.

MotionMan

AnonymouseUser

Diamond Member
May 14, 2003
I use a combo of faxzero and efax to send and receive, both for free. I sent myself a fax and was pleased with the results.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
Originally posted by: AnonymouseUser
I use a combo of faxzero and efax to send and receive, both for free. I sent myself a fax and was pleased with the results.

but efax is not free, though.....how are you getting it for free?

AnonymouseUser

Diamond Member
May 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Gibson486

Text Admittedly they do make it hard to find, but google led me to it. It is also listed on their Site Map.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000

Text Admittedly they do make it hard to find, but google led me to it. It is also listed on their Site Map.

lol...my local number is from idaho (I am in MA)....oh well, it's free.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006

lol...my local number is from idaho (I am in MA)....oh well, it's free.

Mine is in Utah (I am in Los Angeles).

Like you said - it's free.

I will try this for a while and see how it goes.

MotionMan