Question Best file management software

jamesdsimone

Dec 21, 2015
I need a good alternative to explorer. One that works with WinXP. I need to be able to copy and cut files without having to babysit the process. I use an old legacy WinXP box to do file tranfers and WinXP gives you the option to say yes to copying all duplicate files but not no to all. You have to say no to each individual file. Win7 gives to you the option to do the same operation on all conflicts. Is there a good alternative that can let me 100 percent automate the process so I can leave it over night for instance and not find it stopped on some trivial conflict?

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
I had something back in the day, but can't remember the name of it. I don't know the best search terms to look in my software archive but found a hit for FreecommanderXE.

I don't even know if it will do what you want which is continue the operation moving or copying without stopping for user intervention, but I do know that whatever I did use back in the day, allowed doing that, continued on with the operation and at the end it brought up the conficts for user intervention which was even better than Win7 and thereafter because it continued on, got everything else done BEFORE stopping to ask the user to do all the same operation on remaining conflicts.

There's bound to be youtube videos. I did not watch this one, am tight on time right now:

Last edited:
Reactions: jamesdsimone