Best Credit Card for getting Airline Miles?

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
I will be doing alot of traveling with my new job, and it be smart for me to start getting some free travel from all the money I will be putting on the card. Which one do you guys prefer or use. my current credit card is great, but I have a feeling I will get to the 300 dollar cash back limit on it pretty easy, so it would be a good idea to get some airline miles in the mix by using two credit cards.

Jun 27, 2005
Alaska Airlines Visa

Not kidding...

Good on:

Alaska
American
Delta
NW Air
Hawaiian
Brittish Air
Air France
Cathay
Continental
KLM
Quantas (They never crashed)
And others...
Link

They also work with car rental agencies, hotels, restaurants...

MixMasterTang

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
MSN Just had an article yesterday I believe, but I can't find it! But they said the Starwood Points Amex was their favorite because it can be used for hotels and/or airlines (and on multiple airlines). And on the airlines if you have 20,000 points they will give you 25,000 or something (i'm a ff/points newbie) so you are basically getting 1.25 points for every dollar you spend.

Connoisseur

Platinum Member
Sep 14, 2002
Originally posted by: MixMasterTang
MSN Just had an article yesterday I believe, but I can't find it! But they said the Starwood Points Amex was their favorite because it can be used for hotels and/or airlines (and on multiple airlines). And on the airlines if you have 20,000 points they will give you 25,000 or something (i'm a ff/points newbie) so you are basically getting 1.25 points for every dollar you spend.

Double for Starwoods. Their points are worth more. And they have PLENTY of hotels around the world (Sheraton, Westin, W just to name a few). The only negative is that they have an annual fee ($30). Good if you know you're gonna be spending a lot on the card. I use it for all my company expenses.