Best Buy

Pghpooh

Jan 9, 2000
HI
I added up all the Best Buy gift cards I've been saving and found I have over $225 to spend at Best Buy.
So,,, here is my dumb question for the day.
If you were building a new computer what parts would you buy at Best Buy?? Add software to that list too! LOLOLOL

Thanks
Pghpooh

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Uh..pretty much nothing, since everything is overpriced.

Youd be better of spending it on audio/video stuff.

Edit: Maybe mouse/keyboard.

Apr 17, 2003
well, their mobo and cpu selection sucks, the ram is overpriced

prolly a HDD or maybe a case, i personally dont like the cases they have

on another note, the audigy 2 cards are on sale @ BB and once in a while, youll find a good deal on a video card

AmberClad

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
They have peripherals for ok prices once in a while. (There was a sale on Saitek keyboards a few weeks ago.) Other than that, pretty much everything is overpriced. Go into the store and see what they have on their bargain racks.

AmberClad

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Originally posted by: MrCodeDude
And memory if they have that on sale.

Do they ever have RAM on sale? As in brand name RAM, and not that "KByte" stuff. All the RAM I've seen is 2 or 3 times the price that ZZF/Monarch/Newegg sell it for.

Feb 17, 2005
it's either kingston or pny rams i see on sale, it's like $80 for a stick of 512 2700 with a $30 mir about two weeks ago :confused:.

Pghpooh

Jan 9, 2000
HI
Originally posted by: daniel49
see if they will let you buy a newegg gift certificate with them
I like that idea!!!! To bad Best Buy doesn't. A few months ago I asked a Best Buy salesperson if they would match on line prices for computer parts. I didn't get a answer that was easy to understand.
I've bought "open box" items at Best Buy a few times. And, unless it's a emergency I always wait till the item I want is on sale.
Thanks to all who replied. Maybe I'll wait till after Christmas and add the money from the gift cards I get to the ones I have and use that towards a nice 42 inch LCD, Plasma or DLP TV!!!! :D
Thanks
Pghpooh