Best Buy Customer Service?

rgb7

Dec 5, 1999
I experienced Best Buy's brand of No Customer Service yesterday.
I made the mistake of purchasing something on-line, thinking that I would be able to pick it up at my local store and not hassle with the check-out line during my lunch hour.
WRONG!
It took 45 minutes for them to figure out how to process an on-line order.
Any BB employee's care to comment? I know all the BB people can't be that lame. Hopefully, it was a fluke occurance.

By the way, if you visit the new store in Hurst TX, go to the service desk and ask for the "Head Moron". (Wade)

LG:disgust::frown::confused::frown::disgust:

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Best Buy should be called Worst Service.

Have gone round with them so many times the Manager knows me by name. (I think its, "JC, that SOB again" )

1st time I talked with him about a half hour and listended to the canned "Dog and Pony show" answers. Then I filled him in on my REAL WORLD SALES background and he backed down.

One of the Mags, PC WORLD, I think did a story on the top 4-5 stores and I think I wrote the part about BB.

CrapUSA isnt much better. Charged me a restocking fee THE NEXT DAY for an unopened item my friend bought in error. Well, they tried to.

Anymore, I only shop in those places if the absolutely only and cheapest place I can get the item locally and need it soon.

Used to also hate Circuit City but lately they have at least been trying.

Think it is mostly the individual untrained clerks they have. Please dont call them Salepeople, it insults me. Oh, BTW, they are usually blind also. You can stand there for an hour while they smoke and joke or until you yell at them.

Boy, you got me going with this one.:D

rgb7

Dec 5, 1999

<< Oh, BTW, they are usually blind alos. You can stand there for an hour while they smoke and joke or until you yell at them. >>

Exactly what happened to me yesterday. I mean, you begin to feel invisible after several walk by you without even a word. Six or eight of the &quot;Assistant Morons&quot; walked by us, and then attempted to help someone that had arrived after we did. When I politely pointed this out, he informed me that where I had been told to wait for service was &quot;A different area from where he worked.&quot; My point is, he never even asked if he could help, and silly me, I was standing under a sign that said &quot;Order Pick Up&quot;, that was about ten feet from his totally different area.

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
bestbuy cutomer service...that's an oxymoron if i ever heard one. there service is by far the worst i have ever experienced. i had my car stereo and amp installed there and when they were done i took a look at the installation. there were wires hanging all over the place, they didn't put the interior trim back the way it was, and here's the kicker, the amp wasn't grounded and when i asked why the guy said &quot;oh that's how it's supposed to go&quot; i was like WHAT KINDA OF AN IDIOT ARE YOU!!!! anyway they suck and if i din't live a block and a half from one i would never go there.:|:disgust::frown:

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
yes, they do suck, and after working there, they suck even more. I tried to be a good employee.. but like you said, when the other ppl just walk along ignoring the customers... especially on a weekend, it gets to be a headache to ME cause then I have to try to talk to 4 different people who are pissed off... ugh...

Which is why i'm jobless (and that I'm in school, but that's beside the point, this is a BB rant thread :)).

Apr 5, 2000
Guys - us retail sales people get paid near or slight > minimum wage. A little more if we're &quot;skilled&quot; or &quot;informed&quot;. Unless we work on commission (which we don't) we don't give a fnck about you. Thats how it is at any store. You have a question - ask it: otherwise we'll just sit around goofing off. If we got paid a little more we might actually care.

BTW, notice how its always the hella nice looking girls that get asked &quot;How are you doing&quot;, etc.

ratkil

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2000
You want someone to help you? Start opening boxes and taking stuff out and playing with it, that is what I do. Someone will usually show up pretty quickly....... Another thing is to start climbing up on a shelf like you are trying to get something from up high, then if they don't come over, just start taking the high stuff down and putting it in the aisle...... Yep, everybody loves me..... :)

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Vince-

Why, if you are the least bit knowledgeable about electronics, and I think you are, would you let someone else install anything for you especially BB? I understand lack of ability but to think any of these people could do better is insane. Im not putting you down but NO ONE but me touches any of my computers, stereo or cars. :D

Now for Ragng BITCH,

You posted:
<<Guys - us retail sales people get paid near or slight > minimum wage. A little more if we're &quot;skilled&quot; or &quot;informed&quot;. Unless we work on commission (which we don't) we don't give a fnck about you. Thats how it is at any store. You have a question - ask it: otherwise we'll just sit around goofing off. If we got paid a little more we might actually care.>>

With an attitude like that just who the hell would pay you anymore??

This is what is wrong with the business community and America today. Minimum Wage??? Try earning even that. If you want to earn more money, try getting some real training and experience on your own if necessary. Its even free in the form of books at your local library. Notice I call people like you Clerks and not Salespeople. Any Real Salesperson knows what I mean. Commission is earned by people who work and believe in what they are doing. BTW, what good does it do to ask any clerk in BB or other stores anything. They never seem to know the answer and dont care to learn. I hate to paint everybody with so broad a brush because there are some good people and when I find them, they are the only ones I will deal with.

I have no beef with you personally and am not familiar with your posts so if this was humor or tounge in cheek, forgive me, If not Grow up. This is apathy at its finest.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
lol @ ratkill

Bestbuy clerks are hourly

Circuit city salesdrones are commissioned

If you want service, go to the place where the salesperson makes money off your sale... of course he's only going to try to sell you the item that he makes the most commission off of, but that's another point.

I personallly prefer to be left alone to make my purchase... I only ask for help if the product I want isn't on the self and needs to be brought down from the top of the aisle. Best Buy, Costco and Fry's are just perfect for people like me.

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
best max,

I usualy do all my own stuff but i didn't have any tools at the time (they had been stolen) and rather than buy all new tools i went to BB thinking that they would do a professional instalation....boy i was wrong.:(

Apr 5, 2000
tbm - that was just my honest opinion. I do give an effort at work when making furniture sales but when you get people asking you the difference between a Bic pen and a Papermate or the difference in two reams of paper, same paper except for brand, you start to not care anymore.

Maybe the way I worded it was incorrect because I meant the majority of retail workers. I *try* to pay attn to customers who need help, (I'm actually superviser for the part timers, so I have to care) but in all reality for the store I work at or any store for that matter, you're not going to get much help from us. (BTW, I can guarantee you, half the people you ask for help on something know less than what you know about it)

Simply put, most of the teenage people who work retail do not CARE at all about their job, they're only doing it to make $$ to pay off their spending habits. I know what its like to work in the real world (did a few months worth of work in Motel 6's Financial Dept. after they bought out Red Roof Inns, I was responsible for transfering millions of accounts, and it was all on my @$$ if something got screwed.)

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
good lord, im glad to hear im not the only one that gets the shaft everytime i go to BB. i even emailed BB customer service, they have a link in their site, and i got a responce by someone apologizing and everything, i recommend you do that too. Tell them the store and location.

bb is suck

dam()

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Stark,

I know what you mean. Only mentioned CC because they seem to be trying to get their act together. BB employee s were commissioned a few years back but I guess that didnt work out. Dont know about CC.

When you/I go to buy something, we are informed consumers. We have done our homework, made our decisions and just want to buy. Only need clerks in other words. It really gets to me when I buy a car (or anything else) when I know more than the Rep and that I have to pay a commission just for them to do paperwork. Everyone is entitled to profit by his work but some things are just not fair.

BIGVINCE,

Gotcha. It just didnt seem consistant with your other posts that you would let and pay BB or anyone else do what you could do better. I made a few of those &quot;thinking I would get a pro job&quot; mistakes in my day.

Biggest overused word: Professionalism, doesnt mean what you think, only that you are being paid.

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Raging B,

That is not the way it came across to me but since I have many times been misunderstood, I apologize if that is necessary. This topic really gets to me, not just BB, but the whole thing. I agree with most of your reply if not all.

Can we be friends now??

Apr 5, 2000
No need to apologize, we're all entitled to our opinions, I was a bit over-the-edge though.

I just hate people asking the diff. between 2 pens (I get that at least 4-5 times everytime I am at work) - &quot;its a pen, it writes&quot; is my philosophy. (I have an assorted pen cup sitting right in front of me, I could care less about which one I use)

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
RB,

Try coming to S. Florida. That would probably be one of the more intelligent questions.

When CompUSA started in Dallas, I was one of its first customers. They treated me well and vice versa. A few years later, they were big and &quot;WHO was I?&quot; if you know what I mean. Had a similar experience with Brands Mart. Guy started it in his basement and I bought from him, a few years later, the same thing.

Give you an idea where Im coming from? There are a few people here at BB that have been here since Ive been here, over 3 years. They havent improved. I can give anyone and usually do the benefit of the doubt and allow for age also. Sometimes I have to let off steam too.

Take care.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
max,

two words for you: fleet sales

At most large car dealerships you can go straight to fleet and pickup a car with no hassles for a few hundred over dealer cost. My wife and I recently helped my mom buy a new focus. at the first small dealership, they wanted to give us $200 for her '90 Galant and tried to do the whole &quot;I need to talk to the manager&quot; routine for 20 minutes. Then we went to a called a large ford dealership, asked for fleet, asked if they had the car, went in, sat down, and ended up with an upgraded model (better engine) for less than the first place told us their &quot;best price&quot; was. Oh, and the trade in was $1000.

My mom hugged the fleet salesman after the deal was done... now that's good service.

Bad Dude

Diamond Member
Jan 25, 2000
All right brothers and sisters. Now that we are together, I will have to agree that BB has the worst CS. You can bet having to wait at least 45 minutes for any transaction. Pick up your merchandise at a local store after an online perchase is always a hassle at BB. Maybe we should relate this post to BB. They have not improve in 4 years.

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Stark,

Ill give you that but what about buying a new car and a specialty car at that. Looking at a new Ram Air T/A. Expect to pay a reasonable price but was offered one at 3200 over sticker and thats after the usual BS dealer add ons like paint sealant, wax and pin stripe, none of which I wanted, (and I doubt were done, I know the stripe wasnt and the others were put on to take off the sticker)) for an extra $1000 approx. Then offer me 6500 for a pristine 93 with 30,ooo miles.

Give me a break.
Not argueing with you, just stating facts.

qacwac

Oct 12, 2000
My experiences haven't been that bad. Actually my few dealings with people there have been fine. But I do agree that most are not the most informed people.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Best Buy Customer Service

Isn't that one of those contradictory terms, like jumbo shrimp?

Passions

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2000
If you walk into BestBuy or CompUSA and expect to get some real answers to your questions you have got to be kidding me. Do your research online, know what you want, study the features, and goto the store to buy it. The only question you should even bother asking the salesfolk is where is <product> located at? or where is the bathroom? Thats all there good for. Hehe.

rgb7

Dec 5, 1999
BOBBY RIBS - I knew what I wanted and purchased it on-line and it was still an ordeal. I was afraid to ask anything technical, such as &quot;Where is the men's room?&quot;, they were already undertasked yet over challenged.

LG