Question Best BIOS for ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming.

SkyDiver

Aug 3, 2000
I read in some reviews that you need to get the best BIOS for the ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming. (probably for any new MB). Does anyone have and opinion about this?

solidsnake1298

Aug 7, 2009
Generally speaking, it is advised that you do NOT upgrade BIOS for no reason. For most people, the only reason you should upgrade your BIOS is to resolve a problem that a newer BIOS version fixes, to patch security vulnerabilities, or to add support for a new line of CPUs. For overclockers and tweakers, the latest BIOS can sometimes improve memory support and overclocking or change CPU OC behavior. For OCers, regularly updating BIOS is justifiable. Most motherboards don't have BIOS flashback or have dual BIOS. Both of these features enable you to recover from a bad flash should, for example, your power cut out mid-flash and you don't have a UPS backup battery.

Having said that, some users experience intermittent problems with USB connectivity on X570 boards. If you are experiencing that problem, the latest version is supposed to fix that. If you aren't, the risk of bricking your motherboard for no gain is not worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: UsandThem

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Try the latest official release and see how it works for you?

If it was me I'd probably try the latest beta....USB flashback feature for the win in case of failure!