Best backyard fireworks display EVAR!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

daweeze02

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2003
nice, our neighborhood has a guy who has all his neighbors pick him up fireworks from out of state when they go on vacation and he pays them for them. Then on the 4th we block off one of the entrances to our neighborhood and we have a huge show which usually last about an hour. We are in FL thats the reason for him paying people for fireworks when they go to NC, SC etc. The cops usually come by once or twice to check up on things, and they are cool about it since we have been doing it for the last 12 years.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Kalvin00
Originally posted by: alien42
how were all the fireworks lit so constantly and quickly?

thats what i want to know!
I guess they were professional amateurs? :) They had the 'works all arranged together in these corrals (for lack of a better term?) and then teams of 6-8 guys would take turns lighting one corral while the spent fireworks from the other one were removed and replaced. It was a pretty efficient operation.

There was this one guy though who must be the butt of their jokes, because his friends across the lawn kept launching rockets at him until they hit him in the nuts with a shell (this is in the video--when I make a dumb comment about the rockets being horizontal.)

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Baked
I hate fireworks. I hope they explode in the face of people who play w/ them past midnight. I'm about to get my gun out and hunt down kill the motherfvckers around my block who are lighting sh!t up for the past week. Maybe I should just call up home land security and file a report for domestic terrorists.

People who hate fireworks are more likely to be the target of homeland security. You're obviously a pinko commie USA hater . ;)

Nov 5, 2001
he needs to learn something about composition and choreography. that is more like a fireworks plant accident than an enjoyable display.

LanceM

Mar 13, 2004
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats
he needs to learn something about composition and choreography. that is more like a fireworks plant accident than an enjoyable display.

Exactly. The people in my neighborhood plan this out for days instead of just lighting them all off one after another. This was pretty boring to watch on video.