Question Best b550 or x570 motherboard for quad rank b-die (5950x)

vorsgren

Mar 8, 2019
Hi there, I'm looking for the best motherboard for quadruple rank ram, as I recently got a Ryzen 5950x, and already have 4x 16gb dual rank Samsung b-die sticks. What's the best board (probably a t-topology configuration?) for trying to get a decent speed on this ram? I know quad rank isn't suggested, but already have the Cpu and ram. Other board features aren't too important to me with this, either, as long as the Cpu VRM will handle the 5950x at stock or a light overclock.

Justinus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2005
That entirely depends on what memory speed/FCLK you want to run. I have a CVIII Dark Hero and it runs 3800C14 dual rank per channel all day long at great voltages.

I tried adding a second kit of the same ram but with all 4 dimms/quad rank per channel it wouldn't post above 3600 no matter what I did.

I actually don't think there are any t topology boards for x570 either. The Taichi retail board turned out to not be.

vorsgren

Mar 8, 2019
That entirely depends on what memory speed/FCLK you want to run. I have a CVIII Dark Hero and it runs 3800C14 dual rank per channel all day long at great voltages.

I tried adding a second kit of the same ram but with all 4 dimms/quad rank per channel it wouldn't post above 3600 no matter what I did.

I actually don't think there are any t topology boards for x570 either. The Taichi retail board turned out to not be.

Thanks for your feedback. I'll be satisfied with 3600, or maybe even a little lower. Just want the best board for the job.

I was able to find a good spreadsheet online with am4 motherboard specs, and Asrock does make some x570 t-topology boards (not the Taichi).
Here is a link to this, for anyone looking at this thread: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...FnsZYZiW1pfiDZnKCjaXyzd1o/edit#gid=2112472504

I will try an Asrock x570 Extreme4, as it appears to have decent memory overclocking, and is t-topology.

Last edited: