Best Athlon 64 PCI-E Non-SLI mobo?

Ackbar

Dec 18, 2004
Originally posted by: bluedart
What is the best NON-SLI PCI-E motherboard for Athlon 64 that will be out in the next month???

Ah... the key to no one responding to your question lies in the last part, "be out in the next month." Since at this point, no one has any idea when/if any new nforce4 mobos will be out in the next month (or even ever). If you're not looking for nforce 4, there are plenty of good mobos out especially nforce 3!

jterrell

Nov 18, 2004
What is the best NON-SLI PCI-E motherboard for Athlon 64 that will be out in the next month???

Hard to predict the future but right now I'd say the Gigabyte board I have as it seems to be about all you can find in stock.

tmchow

Oct 10, 1999
I'm waiting for the Asus A8N non-SLI... but I haven't heard of a release date yet. The DFI Lanparty NF4 UT just got released and that is suppsoedly very good.. I like the asus because it's a fanless chipset and I need as quiet as I can get since i'm using it in an HTPC.

FastEddie

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999

The MSI K8N Neo 4 Platinum is a decent overclocker. Asus hasn't come to the table with an Ultra release yet. It's in production.

friedrice

Apr 4, 2004
I don't think it really matters at this point, all nForce 4 boards are pretty much well stocked. Even some of the lesser brand names have been getting really good reviews. But, I got an MSI and I love it.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
dfi lp ut nf4 ultra-d

also...keep an eye out on an (alleged) dfi board coming out soon based on an ATI chipset.

stickybytes

Golden Member
Sep 3, 2003
Originally posted by: friedrice
I don't think it really matters at this point, all nForce 4 boards are pretty much well stocked. Even some of the lesser brand names have been getting really good reviews. But, I got an MSI and I love it.

is the msi neo4 plat. chipset fanless?