Best Arcade shooter for PC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Codename Gordon is ok.. but its more like the old pc action game Abuse with its mouse aiming. Its not even close to Contra, but its certainly worth a try.

Boy... speaking of Contra, Konami has been doing a really nice job with their console to pc ports like the Silent Hill series, TMNT, Metal Gear Solid 2..etc.. why can't they port the ps2 Contra?? Its quite a nice and very challenging game. Gradius 5 looks fantastic on the PS2 as well.. I pray for a pc port.

man, I miss those Gradius/Lifeforce games. those were so awesome.

never could get into R-Type, though. :hmm:

buzzsaw13

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2004
You can look for Shikigami no Shiro if you wanted a straight up schmup. Theres also a bunch of Touhou games to choose from.

simonizor

Golden Member
Feb 8, 2010
Does no one realize that this topic is 7 years old? lol

@fire400 check the date before you post in a thread.. lol

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
well, I'm glad it was bumped. I would have never known that Jets & Guns exists, and I was also reminded that I should re-load Alien Swarm as I totally forgot that I had it.

:D

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Astro Avenger II is pretty cool. You can choose from different classes of ships and upgrade the ships themselves and different weapon systems. You can also buy missiles and various types of drones to use as well.

homerlvsbeer

Jul 14, 2015
ok. i know exactly what you need. :)
you need a game called Gatling gears.
also get a game called sine mora.

might not be what you asked for. but these are great games. graphics wise and lots of fun. they just dont make games like this anymore. hope you like them. not expensive game either. gatling gears is £7.99 on steam. ;)

Ricochet

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
^Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure the OP would come back to check on his thread after over a decade later though.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
You know what is funny? I don't remember this thread, let alone posting in it. I forgot about Hydorah and haven't played it.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
Anyone mention Jamestown yet? That's pretty good. My favorites from the past are einhander, Radiant Silvergun, and Ikaruga... They should release those for PC