best app/service for making online photo albums

MrHappyMonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2001
I have a stack of digital photos that I have taken with my digicam and I would like to organize them onto a website for friends/family to look at. I have found a couple photo album apps, but alot of them pretty much suck. I have web space to stick them, so that is not a problem.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
im curious about the exact same thing... Anyone know?

Ne0

Golden Member
Nov 4, 1999
Back when I was running saehoon.com (shut down), we used Imagefolio for the photo galleries. Very simple to use, all you have to do is edit a few lines in the perl scripts.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
I've been writing one for a while, but it's not really finished. It's functional at this point, but definitely not easy to set up if you don't know what you're doing.

It does do some cool things though, like automatically generate thumbnails (see my other thread on resizing images) when you uplaod pictures, and lets you give each picture a caption, and put images in categories, use templates for the layout, give each user (supports multiple users) a disk space limit....

I'll help you set it up on your server if you like, I need beta testers :)

Once it's installed, it's pretty easy to use, I jsut haven't done anything to simplify installation.