Best 1st person war game with 360 controller on projector?

mazeroth

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2006
I'm finishing up my theater which has a 104" 16:9 screen, 1080p projector (Epson 8350), six subwoofers, line array mains etc. Killer, killer, killer sound and a superb image. I've been playing some sports and racing games and it's amazing.

A good friend of mine that moved away a few years ago is coming in this weekend to visit and really likes playing CoD-type games on his 360 so I want to impress him with this setup. What would be the best game of this genre that works very well with the 360 controller? The PC's specs are an i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz and a 6850. I should also mention this will be for solo play, not multiplayer.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Last edited:

Seba

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
For FPS games you really need a mouse and keyboard setup.

mazeroth

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2006
For FPS games you really need a mouse and keyboard setup.

Look at my sig. I am a PC gamer. I hate 1st person games with a controller. My friend only plays with a controller, hence the reason for this thread.

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008
I'm finishing up my theater which has a 104" 16:9 screen, 1080p projector (Epson 8350), six subwoofers, line array mains etc. Killer, killer, killer sound and a superb image. I've been playing some sports and racing games and it's amazing.

A good friend of mine that moved away a few years ago is coming in this weekend to visit and really likes playing CoD-type games on his 360 so I want to impress him with this setup. What would be the best game of this genre that works very well with the 360 controller? The PC's specs are an i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz and a 6850. I should also mention this will be for solo play, not multiplayer.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Definitely Battlefield 3 with that setup. I am in the works of making such a sound setup (I don't have power tools at home to finish my subs so I have to buy them. I was using those high tech machine things that engineers have access too that I can not remember the name to cut all my wood).

Battlefield 3, then switch the audio to the real warsounds soundstrack or whatever. Even on my terrible PC speakers it sounded good. On my HT setup, it sounds great, but I only have 1 subwoofer currently. Still is pretty decent for the small room I was using it in. I want to get some Dayton Ultimax's but I really don't have enough "Disposable" cash to purchase 2-4 of them. Also takes a lot of time to paint each box the way I want them.

Seba

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
Look at my sig. I am a PC gamer. I hate 1st person games with a controller. My friend only plays with a controller, hence the reason for this thread.

Then pick a game he's already playing on his Xbox 360. It will be familiar to him so no adjustment required.

Ganeedi

Jul 7, 2008
No multiplayer [i assume means no online multiplayer] with 360 controller, then i would suggest:

Dead Space 2 - he ok with f-ing scary? would be awesome with good sound system.
Borderlands 2 - plays well with a controller. You can hack it for splitscreen and 2 controllers to play together one one steam account.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
call of modern battlefield.

dead space 3.

Just remind him he'll get his ass handed to him by k&B if you play online.

Jesusthewererabbit

Mar 20, 2008
I've played through both Borderlands games with a 360 wireless controller because of wrist issues. It's definitely not ideal, but I still really enjoyed the games.