Bernie's out

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Biden's having serious trouble keeping sentences straight during interviews and he's really gone down hill in the past 2 months. The election isn't for 7 months. By then, Biden is going to be stringing together incoherent sentences to the point that nobody knows what he's talking about.
Biden isn't going to be able to keep what little he has left together that long.

Just who are the Dem's going to run and how are they going to accomplish it? I'm certain there's a plan. We'll know eventually.

I figured Biden had cut a deal with the DNC some time back. Stay in as a place holder until they can figure something out. Bernie's got his now, so he was cleared to drop out. Maybe get himself a nice new dacha. It remains to be seen whether the timing of Bernie dropping out is right from a civil unrest perspective. It's never good to waste a crisis. The press would have multiple orgasms with massive civil unrest right now.

What the Dem's need now is a lesbian to nominate at a brokered convention. There's nothing lib voters like more that historic "firsts". That's their only hope to win this one from a turnout perspective. Unless they can by some miracle get mail-in voting in play. Between ballot harvesting and mail-in voting, they just might be able to pull it off.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Same was true with Bush. Biden is incapable of winning....there is still the off chance that Biden gets switched out for someone else, but that would be controversial enough to possibly lose.
quiet or you might get what you wish for.....

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Biden isn't going to be able to keep what little he has left together that long.

Just who are the Dem's going to run and how are they going to accomplish it? I'm certain there's a plan. We'll know eventually.

I figured Biden had cut a deal with the DNC some time back. Stay in as a place holder until they can figure something out. Bernie's got his now, so he was cleared to drop out. Maybe get himself a nice new dacha. It remains to be seen whether the timing of Bernie dropping out is right from a civil unrest perspective. It's never good to waste a crisis. The press would have multiple orgasms with massive civil unrest right now.

What the Dem's need now is a lesbian to nominate at a brokered convention. There's nothing lib voters like more that historic "firsts". That's their only hope to win this one from a turnout perspective. Unless they can by some miracle get mail-in voting in play. Between ballot harvesting and mail-in voting, they just might be able to pull it off.
I want whatever you are smokin...........

Printed Circuit Bro

Jan 21, 2020
A transgendered lesbian little person of color, for sure! :p

Reactions: boomerang

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I doubt it, Bernie's not an idiot and he's not broke, he'll be fine. Trump is an idiot but he's tested often and if he became positive he'd get the best medical care. Somehow they'd make a portable ventilator that could be taken on a golf course.

There really isn't any effective treatment other than putting people on a ventilator if they have it bad enough. Get sick>get well. Or get sick>end up on a ventilator. That works or it doesn't. Of all of them, Trump has the greatest chance of getting sick just because he exposes himself to a much greater degree.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
There really isn't any effective treatment other than putting people on a ventilator if they have it bad enough. Get sick>get well. Or get sick>end up on a ventilator. That works or it doesn't. Of all of them, Trump has the greatest chance of getting sick just because he exposes himself to a much greater degree.
Trump needs to expose himself to more people....

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Give me an honest answer here, what states are the most critical for winning the EC?
Which ones would Bernie win over Trump that Biden couldn't?
I don’t see Biden as fundamentally changing the dynamics that led to a Trump victory. His base will support him no matter what. Biden is another uninspired centrist with exploitable baggage. If the COVID-19 body count ends up being less than initially projected, or remains concentrated to NYC, Trump will blame de Blasio and ride to a 2nd term.

No one thought Trump could win the states that he did until he did.

I think Sanders could rally a lot of independents and non traditional voters that could completely alter the math. Biden can’t do that.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I don’t see Biden as fundamentally changing the dynamics that led to a Trump victory. His base will support him no matter what. Biden is another uninspired centrist with exploitable baggage. If the COVID-19 body count ends up being less than initially projected, or remains concentrated to NYC, Trump will blame de Blasio and ride to a 2nd term.

I think Sanders could rally a lot of independents and non traditional voters that could completely alter the math. Biden can’t do that.

Again, Go to one of those color your own EC vote sites and tell me who you think totals up more EC votes vs Trump. I'll spot Bernie NV and possibly WI. But Biden is taking MN, MI and PA which are far more important. Biden even has a fighting chance in FL and NC where Bernie didn't even have a pulse.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

While I don't disagree with what you said here, rest assured that many moderate progressives will vote for Biden instead of Trump too.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Should the Dems have nominated the candidate who did not get the most votes?

The Bernie supporter logic is lacking.. again. If Bernie "would have won" against Trump, then he would have won against Hillary and Biden too.
The voter suppression dynamics that tend to hurt Democrats apply even more so to Sander’s core constituency, so that would have implications in the general

Primaries are decided by a small politically engaged portion of the electorate who seem determined to nominate uninspired centrists.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Yeah, he totally crushed it with those voters in the primary! Lol

Gut feels always take a back seat to reality.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The voter suppression dynamics that tend to hurt Democrats apply even more so to Sander’s core constituency, so that would have implications in the general

Primaries are decided by a small politically engaged portion of the electorate who seem determined to nominate uninspired centrists.

Wait, so are Bernie supporters politically engaged or not?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

Says the man who wants somebody to be nominated who Trump can beat!
Trump will have no easy ride to a 2nd term........doesn`t matter the body count! Trump screwed the pooch on his response to this virus.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

Funny how your imagination is used both to conjure up wrongdoing by Dems and wave away actual wrongdoing by Republicans.

Reactions: BadTrip and Vic

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
People you must remember there are people in these forums who play both sides, when in reality they want the weakest Democratic candidate to go up against Trump! They have no actual interest in seeing the Dems field a strong candidate!
Why? Because they actually apporve of how Trump is handling things! In reality it does not natter what you say about anything Trump does, even if they disagree! Because in reality they are voting for Trump no matter!!!

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
People you must remember there are people in these forums who play both sides, when in reality they want the weakest Democratic candidate to go up against Trump! They have no actual interest in seeing the Dems field a strong candidate!
Why? Because they actually apporve of how Trump is handling things! In reality it does not natter what you say about anything Trump does, even if they disagree! Because in reality they are voting for Trump no matter!!!

Keep telling yourself that, it'll pay off. Especially now that the weakest Candidate has indeed been selected.

Reactions: Starbuck1975