Bernie's out

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Fine, good for him for acknowledging the numbers involved and acting. I'm all for being tenacious, patient, but sometimes you have to read the writing on the wall and make the most of it.

Now, cancel your damn convention Dems. There is no need now. Minimize the risks of infighting and covid-19 as much as possible.
Otherwise this will be the result:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I will be voting to remove Trump from office. Will you take accountability should Biden lose for nominating the wrong candidate...again.
Should the Dems have nominated the candidate who did not get the most votes?

The Bernie supporter logic is lacking.. again. If Bernie "would have won" against Trump, then he would have won against Hillary and Biden too.

Reactions: soundforbjt

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Instead of the infighting, can we just be happy that the Democrats have settled on a candidate early? Let's focus our energy on the only thing that matters: deposing the Trump regime in November and restoring functional democracy.
Yes, I'm down with stopping the infighting, the people here bitching about Bernie Bros are basically just as bad as the people they're complaining about. It's hard to be happy about settling for less-than-mediocre, but we have what we have, so let's try to move forward with it.
People go on about Biden not being able to complete sentences, but it's already been shown that's not really a significant factor. You don't have to make sense, you just have to occasionally get the right words out, and his brand recognition is based on something successful ('memba Obama? I was there!), unlike the current oaf-in-charge.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
People become more conservative when they are drunk and when they are afraid. First Trump and now the virus have created terror. In an atmosphere like that the liberal Sanders doesn't have much chance. The conservatives will huddle deeper in their caves and liberals will opt to position where they can run there. Fear is the mind killer. Cowards tell themselves they will live to fight another day which will creep in it's petty pace until all hope has died.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Otherwise this will be the result:

Pretty much. It would be an improvement if Trump's command of English were the same as Pilate's though. The clueless part is similar too, hearing Trump talk about Frederick Douglas, might as well been Woger The Wobber (and Wapist). Very tough guy, belongs behind bars, people have been saying that for years.

Reactions: hal2kilo
Feb 4, 2009
Not even a question. Bernie genuinely campaigned for Hillary in 2016, and there's less bad blood between him and Biden now. Bernie's an odd mix of insurgent candidate and veteran politician. He wants to tear the system down and rebuild it, not just throw a fit and wreck everything.

I've heard this a lot. Exactly what did he do that qualifies as Genuinely campaigning for Hillary.
To my memory he did very little, a handful of mini rallies and some news show talk about how Hillary is better than the alternative.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
So I’m glad Bernie had the courage to drop out now, when it really was impossible to win the nomination.

I’m saddened he dropped out. I do understand the desire to have someone with vision, who can excite voters based on that vision. Stick Bernie into a 40 year younger body without some of the baggage and we’d have a great candidate.

Finally I’ll leave this meme as a funny for the Bernie Bro’s.

Dems Voting for Bidden in November.
L1uEGop.mp4

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Same was true with Bush. Biden is incapable of winning....there is still the off chance that Biden gets switched out for someone else, but that would be controversial enough to possibly lose.
Huh?, Biden has won the Democratic nomination, he will not be "switched out", that's not how it works.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
So I’m glad Bernie had the courage to drop out now, when it really was impossible to win the nomination.

I’m saddened he dropped out. I do understand the desire to have someone with vision, who can excite voters based on that vision. Stick Bernie into a 40 year younger body without some of the baggage and we’d have a great candidate.

Finally I’ll leave this meme as a funny for the Bernie Bro’s.

Dems Voting for Bidden in November.
L1uEGop.mp4
Funny, you could say the same thing about Biden.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Biden isn't going to win with outrage votes and that's not who he appeals to. Get that through your heads. It's going to be on the backs of middle aged white men that went Obama -- > Trump in Iowa, MI, WI, and PA. It's going to be black votes in WI. It's going to be suburban women in VA and PA. Those are the demographics that reliably turn up to vote and in states where they make a huge difference.
And I agree, many saw Hillary as not someone genuinely bad, just the same old Washington insider's club, they wanted to see if going outside normal political circles would be a different experience as POTUS, it was, a horrific one. IMPO with a decent turnout Biden wins, his campaign has already shown he will go right into the swamp and why not?, lot's to work with there.

Printed Circuit Bro

Jan 21, 2020
Biden's having serious trouble keeping sentences straight during interviews and he's really gone down hill in the past 2 months. The election isn't for 7 months. By then, Biden is going to be stringing together incoherent sentences to the point that nobody knows what he's talking about.

It's going to be quite entertaining watching Lord Cheeto and Joe "Where am I?" Biden babble incoherently at each other during the debates.

Reactions: Arkaign

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Biden's having serious trouble keeping sentences straight during interviews and he's really gone down hill in the past 2 months. The election isn't for 7 months. By then, Biden is going to be stringing together incoherent sentences to the point that nobody knows what he's talking about.

It's going to be quite entertaining watching Lord Cheeto and Joe "Where am I?" Biden babble incoherently at each other during the debates.
Your concern is duly noted.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
I don't think Biden will hold up through a truly harsh campaign. He already seems often confused, and when he gets addled, he just sounds genuinely off, like brain misfiring kind of off.

I'd prefer him to Trump probably, as long as he would hold China's feet to the fire (my #1 issue at the moment), but I sort of doubt he would do more than pay lip service and immediately fold to whatever China wants.

Another incredibly depressing duo. I haven't really been interested in a final 2 candidate since Obama, and he kind of let me down a bit (though not so much I hated him or anything, just disappointing overall).

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Huh?, Biden has won the Democratic nomination, he will not be "switched out", that's not how it works.

The situation being what it is, neither Biden nor Trump may be alive for the election.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I can skip the NY primary then and be socially distant.

Ahh well, we don't need no stinkin' environment anyway. Trump the Twat or Go Vote for Someone Else Biden.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Trump babbled incoherently during the debates in 2016 & won the election anyway. Go figure.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
The situation being what it is, neither Biden nor Trump may be alive for the election.
I doubt it, Bernie's not an idiot and he's not broke, he'll be fine. Trump is an idiot but he's tested often and if he became positive he'd get the best medical care. Somehow they'd make a portable ventilator that could be taken on a golf course.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Trump babbled incoherently during the debates in 2016 & won the election anyway. Go figure.
The bizarre deranged word salad in the 2nd debate is something I'm still trying to forget. "5% GDP growth! Every year! I guarantee it!"

Bubut.. Biden though..