Bernie's out

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I'm curious: how many prior democrats have officially endorsed Biden?
Will Bernie give Biden real support? Or just an endorsement and then forget about everything?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
He tried. People, even though they overwhelmingly support key parts of his platform, were convinced to Vote for other reasons. It's 2016 all over again, except Biden is in a worse position than Hillary was. I don't look forward to another 4 years of this Orange Blowhard, but that's what is going to be.

DisarmedDespot

Jun 2, 2016
I'm curious: how many prior democrats have officially endorsed Biden?
Will Bernie give Biden real support? Or just an endorsement and then forget about everything?
Not even a question. Bernie genuinely campaigned for Hillary in 2016, and there's less bad blood between him and Biden now. Bernie's an odd mix of insurgent candidate and veteran politician. He wants to tear the system down and rebuild it, not just throw a fit and wreck everything.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
He tried. People, even though they overwhelmingly support key parts of his platform, were convinced to Vote for other reasons. It's 2016 all over again, except Biden is in a worse position than Hillary was. I don't look forward to another 4 years of this Orange Blowhard, but that's what is going to be.

Is he though? People threw a vote at Trump because he shake up vote. That shake up didn't go quite the way a lot of them planned. Some expected a Presidential pivot. That didn't happen. Manufacturing is down, farming got fucked, states that went Trump in narrow margins are getting fucked by him in this pandemic. The unknown commodity is now very well known.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
In times of crisis, more established leaders tend to get a boon regardless of their actual performance. Sadly Bernie's platform makes a whole lot more sense at the present moment than it ever did.

Regardless, I have confidence at least that Bernie will do everything he can to be useful to us in his current position without distraction from running a campaign. And I believe Biden will surround himself with competent people that he doesn't automatically fire for challenging him.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000

So I think a lot is the "sky is falling" for Bernie voters. I think Biden stands the strongest chance against Trump as he will pick back up a lot of the Obama voters that voted for trump.

I would had preferred Bernie, but a pile of shit > trump.

Reactions: Bitek and JEDIYoda

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
There’s times I think Bernie cares more about the country than his supporters do.

I think that's painting his supporters in too broad of a brush. But yeah, I agree with the sentiment. And I'm really not troubled by it. I think that's what you would want in a leader. Certainly better than the opposite.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Is he though? People threw a vote at Trump because he shake up vote. That shake up didn't go quite the way a lot of them planned. Some expected a Presidential pivot. That didn't happen. Manufacturing is down, farming got fucked, states that went Trump in narrow margins are getting fucked by him in this pandemic. The unknown commodity is now very well known.

Same was true with Bush. Biden is incapable of winning....there is still the off chance that Biden gets switched out for someone else, but that would be controversial enough to possibly lose.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Same was true with Bush. Biden is incapable of winning....there is still the off chance that Biden gets switched out for someone else, but that would be controversial enough to possibly lose.

Biden is more than capable of winning. This isn't a game of popular vote. Electoral college is a very different animal and Biden is *much* stronger at that game than Bernie ever was.

Reactions: BadTrip and Bitek

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
So I think a lot is the "sky is falling" for Bernie voters. I think Biden stands the strongest chance against Trump as he will pick back up a lot of the Obama voters that voted for trump.

I would had preferred Bernie, but a pile of shit > trump.

The bolded is one of the main reasons why Biden can't win. This assumption is based upon a Bubbles Outrage thinking that those outside it also are Outraged. Emotions are fleeting...

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
So let me get this right, a president who has proven himself incompetent and corrupt time and time again is somehow better than a veteran politician who knows how government works, can recruit competent cabinet members and administrators, but is old (same with the current president), politically moderate/status quo, and makes dumb gaffes every now and then?

jesus christ don't let perfect be the enemy of good (or at least infinitely better than what we have now).

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
The bolded is one of the main reasons why Biden can't win. This assumption is based upon a Bubbles Outrage thinking that those outside it also are Outraged. Emotions are fleeting...

I don't even know what you are trying to say here.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I don't even know what you are trying to say here.

The Democrats think a Brick could beat Trump. They think that because they Hate Trump and think that sentiment is widespread. They are wrong. Even though Trump has fucked up with this Crisis, because he is the President People have been setting aside their low opinion of him and rallying behind him. They do this because there are more important things to be concerned about than finding him vile. Emotional outrage about Trumop will not get Biden elected.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Biden’s platform. We ran a pandemic drill with the incoming administration. We had a team ready to handle future outbreaks. And what did Trump do? Ignore it!!! Because his platform is to do the exact opposite of Obama.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
So let me get this right, a president who has proven himself incompetent and corrupt time and time again is somehow better than a veteran politician who knows how government works, can recruit competent cabinet members and administrators, but is old (same with the current president), politically moderate/status quo, and makes dumb gaffes every now and then?

jesus christ don't let perfect be the enemy of good (or at least infinitely better than what we have now).

Yes, you typed a saying, congrats. Biden was the worst Candidate with much of the same baggage as Trump himself. In case you haven't noticed, Trump's faults do not Stick. You need to beat him on Good Policy, not Outrage.

Reactions: Starbuck1975

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
The Democrats think a Brick could beat Trump. They think that because they Hate Trump and think that sentiment is widespread. They are wrong. Even though Trump has fucked up with this Crisis, because he is the President People have been setting aside their low opinion of him and rallying behind him. They do this because there are more important things to be concerned about than finding him vile. Emotional outrage about Trumop will not get Biden elected.

Again, Trump won by less than 100,000 votes spread over 3 states. Biden can pull those back. That's all he has to do.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Already talked to a few of my GOP friends - they are not fans of Trump and have already stated that they will be voting for Biden. First non-GOP vote of their lives. So that's at least promising in my eyes. To quote one of them directly (and to summarize the other two): "The choice is bigger than policy. "

Biden has a chance to win some of the marginal GOP votes. He just can't afford to lose the far left votes.

Reactions: herm0016 and dank69

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Again, Trump won by less than 100,000 votes spread over 3 states. Biden can pull those back. That's all he has to do.

Bush required a Pass from the Supreme Court. Biden can barely maintain a Thought.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Yes, you typed a saying, congrats. Biden was the worst Candidate with much of the same baggage as Trump himself. In case you haven't noticed, Trump's faults do not Stick. You need to beat him on Good Policy, not Outrage.

Every Obama policy is better than any Trump policy. Literally all Biden would have to do is return to the status quo and we'd be markedly better off.

Good policy apparently didn't matter in 2016, because Trump didn't have any good ones then and doesn't have any good ones now.

Reactions: dank69 and Homerboy