BenQ G2400W ($370)
-----------------
24'
5ms

SAMSUNG 226BW ($319)
--------------------
22'
2ms

is the extra 2' worth the drop in ms? Also the price difference worth it for the BenQ?

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
I dont know on the benq

I own the samsung and I love it

no problems in the 6 months i have used it and it does a great job gaming, surfing etc.

PurdueRy

Lifer
Nov 12, 2004
I "cheaped out" and went with the Acer 2216W. From what I have read, the panel is typically the same accross the board in 22" (All TN's) so brand differences don't matter that much.

The only reason I saw to get something "better" was for more inputs or adjustment options.

mrblahman

Sep 14, 2006
I'm leaning toward the BenQ right now. It's bigger at 24'' and looks like it's getting better gaming reviews.

The Bakery

Mar 24, 2008
Mostly all 22+ LCDs are TN - including the samsung.

Do some reading, that samsung model has multiple panels depending on batch. Some panels from Samsung are reviewed as very nice, the others as having moderate to severe blue coloration - bleed and top/bottom banding.

The Samsung has uneven backlight coverage, but so do almost all TN panels.

I was going to buy the Samsung but did not want to have to mess with custom color profile hacks to get accurate coloring. Instead I got an LG. Can't speak for the differences, but I researched for about 4 months, and the Samsung was my prime target.

Eventually I was turned away by the seeming lottery going on with Samsung panels. A,C,D who cares.

I was also originally checking Dell's panels, but they were slightly outside my cost range. Dell makes very nice monitors.

Good luck - if you get the Samsung I'd be interested in knowing if you have any issues.

Here is an article regarding the differences (haven't read in a long time)
http://www.behardware.com/arti...eries-the-verdict.html

I have read since of even more variations, but have put no effort into validating that.