"Benefits of macs being overpriced" (the rationalization of a mac user)

Tiberius

Banned
Sep 20, 2002
Ok, damn you! I couldn't help it..
Someone pointed this thread out to me on other forums, and i registered an account just to let you know that gullible people like you are the reason companies like Apple are still around. I honestly don't know why you bothered coming up with all that to justify getting ripped off, instead of just admitting it. Fact is, my PC can fry any single-chip Mac out there, and the thousands i saved are warming up my pocket quite nicely. I hope the illusion of value is doing the same for you. Oh and just for the record, i looked your machine up on eBay. It's worth fifty bucks plus the monitor.

Placer14

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Tiberius
Ok, damn you! I couldn't help it..
Someone pointed this thread out to me on other forums, and i registered an account just to let you know that gullible people like you are the reason companies like Apple are still around. I honestly don't know why you bothered coming up with all that to justify getting ripped off, instead of just admitting it. Fact is, my PC can fry any single-chip Mac out there, and the thousands i saved are warming up my pocket quite nicely. I hope the illusion of value is doing the same for you. Oh and just for the record, i looked your machine up on eBay. It's worth fifty bucks plus the monitor.

LOL...damn. :: hides his Apple II :: (j/k)

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Don't forget you can get em in diffrent flavors too..what next?? Flavors and scents??

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Macs are good machines, just over-priced. But are they worth the price just because they are a Mac? No. Even if a Mac was the same price as a PC I would still buy a PC simply because the marketplace is more supportive towards owning a PC. Hardware, software. etc. is more available for PC than a Mac.

klah

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Lucky
http://www.macaddict.com/forums/Forum1/HTML/018330.html

"Macs have a lot more value than pc's, so it's not like when you pay $3000 for a mac your getting a $1000 machine, no, your getting a $3000 machine, and what makes it worth that is the fact it's a mac."

:confused:

You forgot, Macs are faster. Just run photoshop filter Aq3213-li.ma4r ... or was it Dh1384-px.al7z ... anyway, Jobs said so. Don't forget that you are also paying for all of those black t-shirts that Steve Jobs wears.