BELKIN Desktop 10/100 PCI Network Card -- 95 cents [DEAL NOW DEAD]

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hoihtah

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2001
yeah... i just checked mine... and it's on its way too. :)

i originally had 2/28/02 message as well.

check your order people!

jbloggs

Jul 3, 2001
I got my 7 delivered today. Now why on earth did I order 7 :confused: Oh Yeah, I remember now, they were 0.95 each :D

SG1

Nov 29, 2001
Got my shipping confirmation and tracking number from dell as well. Things are looking good =)

VH2000

Feb 8, 2000
I'll ask my question again, since no one has answered it.
Are you guys receiving orders that were previously cancelled by Dell or were they
just pushing the date of delivery farther out??

Mine was cancelled by Dell early on and still shows as cancelled.

Mig29

Jan 8, 2002
Got mine today even though the email from Dell said it would be delayed 'till 2/28

Don't think they even charged the cc $.86:)

ROXXY

Jan 12, 2001
Got mine today,whoopie,now where's my speakers????????
Order date said ETA,then it went to shipped.
Other is still saying ETA(cards that is)

knightc2

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2001
HOLY @#$%! They are scheduled for delivery tomorrow! I can't believe this went through. I was sure this would not be honored. 10 new ethernet cards. Man I love Dell. Thanks again for a nother Hot Deal!

Vincent

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I ordered one NIC and a Belkin switch soon after this deal was posted. Last week I received the switch, although both items showed as shipped. I thought they just made a mistake and that I wouldn't be getting the NIC at all. I check Dell.com again yesterday and saw a second tracking number. This package is to arrive today. I bet it's the NIC.

alphansx

Feb 20, 2001
i got 1 belkin NIC card i ordered witht he altec speakers deals. i did not get the speakers, but did get the 1 NIC card i order with the speaker. they cancel my speaker orders, but process my NIC order separtely

MegaNerd

Jul 31, 2001

<< I ordered one NIC and a Belkin switch soon after this deal was posted. Last week I received the switch, although both items showed as shipped. I thought they just made a mistake and that I wouldn't be getting the NIC at all. I check Dell.com again yesterday and saw a second tracking number. This package is to arrive today. I bet it's the NIC. >>

Pretty much the same thing happened to me. I got my switch and PCMCIA card on Friday, and my 3 PCI NIC cards yesterday Wednesday. In between on Monday night I called Dell and raised cain as the status claimed everything had been shipped in Friday's box. The CSR claimed that he arranged for 3 cards that would ship FedEx that night. So I don't know if these 3 represent the remainder of the original order, or were only shipped because of the CSR. Maybe another box will show up in a day or two, who knows. I wonder if I need to call my credit card and see what charges have been made.....

The good news, is that MegaNerdNet is now up and running. The ugly details are in the other thread........ :D

MegaNerd

Jul 31, 2001

<< I'll ask my question again, since no one has answered it.
Are you guys receiving orders that were previously cancelled by Dell or were they
just pushing the date of delivery farther out??

Mine was cancelled by Dell early on and still shows as cancelled.
>>

My order was delayed/pushed out, but has never shown as cancelled. I received delay e-mail messages, and finally shipment notices that came after the boxes were already delivered. Par for the course with Dell.... :confused:

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
Got 6 today, I ordered 10. I haven't checked my order status od Dells page.

Rosebud

Mar 5, 2000
Got my 10 today, plus 2 big boxes of Belkin Routers, Switches, and several pieces of 802.11b gear

juser

Jan 6, 2001
Ordered 6 cards 12/11/01. Recieved 6 today.

As far as I am concerned, Dell didn't have to honor what looks like a pricing mistake. My hats off to dell!!

noxxic

Dec 21, 2000
Mine's going to take a full week to get delivered here (CA) says UPS' page...

BTW, I just checked and I haven't been charged the $4 yet. :) Have you? Just wondering... Maybe it's free. :D

HocusFocus

Jul 30, 2001
Got my 5 yesterday. Called Dell and the CSR told me that my FREE!!! SPEAKERS!!!! would ship on the 16th and I'd prolly get 'em on the 21st.

SimMike2

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2000
Got my ten NIC cards today. I was having trouble with my Linksys NIC, so I shut down my XP computer and swapped this Belkin with the Linksys. XP booted and installed the card without even telling me a new piece of hardware was found. It worked perfect.*

It is identified as: Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC

Hopefully there is native support as far back as Windows 98 as I might put these in friends computers. Retail box and everything. Such a deal. I like Dell.

*one thing to be aware of is that with XP, changing your NIC card is a dramatic change which accounts for three out of your six hardware changes! So don't change NICs when using XP unless you really need to. Otherwise you might be calling Microsoft to reactivate.

Steelwells

Apr 11, 2001
I got my ten today in two seperate boxes. I had given up hope, but I got both the "they've shipped" email and they arrived today. It is a pretty impressive deal for under a buck.

Good luck to those of you still waiting.

Dogcatcher

Jan 7, 2000
My order status shows that they shipped today but does not show up in tracking yet. Sure I will get them since everyone else is.