Believe It! Or Don't!

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
Rudy Toody has an interview with the Human Resources Director of the Black Beard Pirate Company.

HR: I see you have a peg-leg. How did that happen?

RT: That happened when I was pirating with Gray Beard. We were taking over a ship and fighting its crew when someone sneaked up behind me with a broadsword and whacked off my leg. I was able to grab the railing to keep my balance and kill the guy. And we took over the ship and got the treasure.

HR: Don't you find having a peg-leg is inconvenient for a pirate?

RT: Not at all. In fact it's quite handy when I am at the helm during stormy seas. I plant the peg-leg in a knot-hole and that keeps me from slipping and sliding on the wet deck and I am better able to keep control of the ship.

HR: I see you have a hook for a hand. How did that happen?

RT: That happened when I was pirating with Blue Beard. We were taking over a ship and fighting its crew when someone sneaked up behind me with a broadsword and whacked off my hand. I was able to grab my sword with my other hand and kill the guy. And we took over the ship and got the treasure.

HR: Don't you find having a hook for a hand is inconvenient for a pirate?

RT: Not at all. In fact it's quite handy when I am at the helm during stormy seas. After I plant the peg-leg in a knot-hole to keep from slipping and sliding on the wet deck, I stick the point of the hook in the wheel to keep it from slipping through my wet hands and I am better able to keep control of the ship.

HR: I see you have a patch over one eye. How did that happen?

RT: That happened when I was pirating with Red Beard. I was at the helm with my peg-leg planted in a knot-hole and my hook stuck in the wheel, but all that was unnecessary because it was a beautiful day. I was looking up at a flock of seagulls when one of them crapped in my eye. And that's how I got the patch.

HR: What! You don't lose an eye from seagull crap!

RT: You do if you wipe that eye with the hand that had recently become a hook!:whiste:

Last edited: