Being sick, sucks, again.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
i had to call in sick to work today, and then tomorrow 8:30 is my second day of school. i have a feeling im not even gonna be able to make it. i feel like crap. i always get sick on days that i really need to do something. why couldnt i have gotten sick during the summer, damnit.

erikiksaz

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 1999
Vitamins! When i'm feeling sick, nothing beats those 1666% Daily Value Vitamin C vitamins. And that's not a typo :p

wnied

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Join the club.

I'm fighting off a pretty nasty head cold and now a chapped nose to go along with it. Stupid germs....go 'way lee mee a lone.

Looks like anothe night with my newest mistress....Ms. Benadryl.:p
~wnied~

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Been fighting some cold for the past 4 days..

Started with a very sore throat that led to a sore throat and nasal congestion the next day.. then lightheadedness, headache, sore throat, chest pains, and bad cough.. now it's just a bad cough. o_O

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
One of the few good things about working graveyard shift (besides the extra pay) is the fact that I very rarely get sick. :)

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Imported
Been fighting some cold for the past 4 days..

Started with a very sore throat that led to a sore throat and nasal congestion the next day.. then lightheadedness, headache, sore throat, chest pains, and bad cough.. now it's just a bad cough. o_O

this is exactly what i have right now. it flucking sucks.

incallisto

Golden Member
Apr 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
i had to call in sick to work today, and then tomorrow 8:30 is my second day of school. i have a feeling im not even gonna be able to make it. i feel like crap. i always get sick on days that i really need to do something. why couldnt i have gotten sick during the summer, damnit.

The best way to overcome any sickness is to go on a Juice Fast and find a nice shady spot to rest in outside. Staying inside is a definitive method for keeping any illness. Get outside in the shade and drink juice and water. I mean fresh (organic if possible) vegetable and fruit juices.

EDIT: Yes, I will explain: When you consume fresh juices, you obtain enzymes and nutrients in their raw form that your body needs to fight bad bacteria/virii. You also get 10 times more Calcium from carrot juice than milk, and tons of other micro and macro nutrients that you need to be healthy. Vitamins are excellent, but many vitamins are not easily digested (put your vitamin pill into a glass of water, if it takes more than ten minutes to dissolve, it will not be digested appropriately). Eating cooked foods is like putting sand in your engine - you aren't going to get any where doing that. Raw, fresh fruit and vegetable juices contain living organisms that the body uses to fight sicknesses. Why not just eat the whole vegetable or fruit? Because it requires energy to digest them. Juices are pre-digested. Think of your body as a living juicer, it just seperates the juices from the fiber. ;) Bottled juices are pasteurised and hence have VERY few enzymes and nutrients that the body can actively use. This is called "bio-availability" and in the negative case (where foods are destroyed by heating them or cooking them) this is called a "denatured" food source. What's the first thing a sick or injured animal does at the time of injury or sickness? They find a shady spot to lie in, near a water source and rest until they are better. All mammals do this when they get sick or injured (except most humans, who don't have the instincts to do what's best, we have to be taught).