Behold! - I am Cow!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
As far as mammals are concerned...

Horns have a bony core and are generally found in both males and females of a given mammal species. Antlers are basically made simply of keratine; they're a bunch of hair hardened, tangled and glued together. Antlers tend to be very diminished or even absent in females of the mammalian species that have them.

Horns are a permanent feature. Antlers are shed and re-established every year.

Mississippi Queen (Mountain)

Oct 14, 1999
and antlers get bigger every year...

the thing is, if it takes a season to grow a certain size, how the hell do they get bigger if the length of a season does not change... I mean, does the growth rate of antlers change as a bull\buck gets older?

--

francodman: DUCK!!

unxpurg8d

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2000
Hmmm, maybe you're right, GF, and I should go back to the Christmas ball - kinda nice to have one of my very own I didn't have to collect from one of my ex-husbands. :D

(Don't shoot, guys, I WAS only joking! :p )

Imaginer

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Behold! - I am laughing! :D

Nice new icons but I like this one. The Platupus (sp) looks like a constipated sumo wrestler with the face of a Psyduck. The cow looks like something found on a door, the alien looks dead, and those nukes are overdone. ;)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS