Beer.... Highest alcohol content.

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Ok, I know many states have restrictions on alcohol content of beer.

In my state (NC) Icehouse seems to be the highest alcohol content of an "average" beer (Guinness also has 5.5 here, cost much more, bust taste much better :) ).

Whats the highest alcohol beer in your state?

Please include brand name and alcohol content..

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
Everclear at 180 proof, Nevada.

(If you are looking for alcohol content, forget beer)

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
I don't have a clue. I don't think Arizona has a limit, i've never heard of one.

only one i can think of off hand is Skullsplitter that is like 7.9 or something

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
DogFish Head World Wide Stout 24% alch by volume. Its a Beer Costs 140$ case. itll fuk you up

can get 190 proof everclear here. 95%

Woodchuck2000

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2002
I had a really good ale at 11.7% the other day...
The name eludes me, I'll try and look it up.

That said, we brits can do ale properly ;)

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
I probably should have specified U.S. also...

I know the UK has higher alcohol content in beer the we do here.

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
elfenix, you might remember this one. celis grand cru. that was like 13% wasn't it?

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
No law that I know of in CA. This one bar serves all sorts of belgian style trappist ales that go up to 15% alcohol by volume. :Q

eviltoon

Jun 22, 2001

I don't mean to sound too offensive here. But pretty much every country in the world has a higher alcohol content than the US. Lot of things I love about your country, but beer isn't one of them.

It's been a while but do you put the alcohol content on your beers now. I used to go to Florida every year and we never knew what we were drinking.

Vadatajs

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2001
Michigan. Unibroue (made by a french canadian company) has 10%. There are probably higher, but that's the highest I've found that is readily available.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
When I visited Canada, they had several 8 and 9% beers there. I think a couple even tipped double digits (Red something or other)

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
There was a thread talking about some beer that was like 9.8% or somethin like that the other day. I'll see if I can dig it up.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
ouch, those be high. Just wondering how those taste? I recently had some Bull Max(8%) which had a good meaty taste, until reaching the bottom of the can, then it started tasting like rubbing alcohol! :D

SaigonK

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
www.robertrivas.com
Bah .. beer alcohol content..no one drinks the crap that is that strong here anyway.
I find it funny, I have a few co-workers who swear by the "hippy" beers.

Guniness...Sam Adams...Bass..all the "cool: ones...the always say..why the hell do you drink Bud or Bud Light? That stuff is water!

My usual response is

1. It isnt tar in a glass..I am no officiando on beer nor do I really care to be.
2. Those yahoos only drink one or two of those coffe in a glass beers, at 5.5% at best.
3. I can put down 10-12 buds in no time at all..(no driving of course) and I am still ready to go while they are acting all tipsy on their two beers.
Last i checked BUD was 5% here in my state...so if they drink two or three..and I drink 5-6 I would say I am ahead if they want to boast how strong their beer is.

monk3y

Lifer
Jun 12, 2001
Not quite beer but you can get an MD 20/20, I think it's like 13% and it's in most gas stations and stuff in FL.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: eviltoon

I don't mean to sound too offensive here. But pretty much every country in the world has a higher alcohol content than the US. Lot of things I love about your country, but beer isn't one of them.

It's been a while but do you put the alcohol content on your beers now. I used to go to Florida every year and we never knew what we were drinking.

Ummm... that is because ALL of Florida's beer is like less than 4% by volume.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: InstincT
Not quite beer but you can get an MD 20/20, I think it's like 13% and it's in most gas stations and stuff in FL.

but then you would have to actually drink that satan developed sh|t

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: SaigonK
Bah .. beer alcohol content..no one drinks the crap that is that strong here anyway.

Guniness...Sam Adams...Bass..all the "cool: ones...the always say..why the hell do you drink Bud or Bud Light? That stuff is water!

My usual response is

1. It isnt tar in a glass..I am no officiando on beer nor do I really care to be.
2. Those yahoos only drink one or two of those coffe in a glass beers, at 5.5% at best.
3. I can put down 10-12 buds in no time at all..(no driving of course) and I am still ready to go while they are acting all tipsy on their two beers.
Last i checked BUD was 5% here in my state...so if they drink two or three..and I drink 5-6 I would say I am ahead if they want to boast how strong their beer is.

Guinness is weaker than Bud Light is many states including mine.

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Don't know about the highest, but best bang for your buck is Steel Reserve, 8.1%. 1 24oz can is like 4 regular beers...yum, yum!

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
So many ignorant people tout "Everclear" like it's some great sh1t.

Everclear is about 1/2 step away from Turpentine, people. 180 proof means that 90 percent of it's composition is PURE ALCOHOL. 8oz of it will probably put you at about .25 BAC, no matter what your weight. Any more, and blindness is probably a good bet.

There's no "sipping tradition" or "polite buzz" when it comes to that stuff. Drinking it is the equivalent of being bit in the jugular vein by a venomous snake; 30 seconds later and it's allllll over.

I have had MORE than my share of um...puking on my shoes (not proud) but please be careful with that Everclear stuff...I've seen people laid up in the hospital b/c they thought they were kewl.

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Sam Adams made a special run of beer, it was like 30 proof. Maybe more. I'll see if I can dig up a link.

For the price of it though, you'd be better off just getting a fifth of cuervo and getting drunk off of that.

Edit: It's called Sam Adams Utopias. Should be arriving in some states shortly.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: MichaelD
So many ignorant people tout "Everclear" like it's some great sh1t.
Everclear is about 1/2 step away from Turpentine, people. 180 proof means that 90 percent of it's composition is PURE ALCOHOL. 8oz of it will probably put you at about .25 BAC, no matter what your weight. Any more, and blindness is probably a good bet.
There's no "sipping tradition" or "polite buzz" when it comes to that stuff. Drinking it is the equivalent of being bit in the jugular vein by a venomous snake; 30 seconds later and it's allllll over.
I have had MORE than my share of um...puking on my shoes (not proud) but please be careful with that Everclear stuff...I've seen people laid up in the hospital b/c they thought they were kewl.

i know this all to well. i just posted that it was strong

and ive seen paopel take 3 shots of it in a row. not that pussy 90% crap teh 95% stuff thats sittin in my room. I have also been so unfortunmate to have taken a shot of it it. its nasty.

BUT

mix it with some fruit punch and soak melon balls in it and you have yourself a party. and you can light them on fire and throw them around

Moemar

Aug 19, 2001
Originally posted by: SaigonK

My usual response is

I drink Guinness almost exclusively, and I doubt I'll touch bud for a while. The point isn't that I can take more alcohol, and therefore my dick is bigger. I drink Guinness because it tastes good, and bud tastes like ass.