Beer Bellys: Has anyone successfully gotten rid of their's?

WarSong

Golden Member
Jan 16, 2002
I am starting to notice that I am developing a small (relative to my roommates) beer belly and was wondering what I can do to stop it before it's out of control. I think I am more active now than I have ever been in my life (I hit the gym, swim, tennis, jog, etc.) but I also have been drinking more beer than ever also. Anyone have any success stories? Got any good strategies to combat the evil beer belly? Am I'm going to have to, gasp, drink less beer? :eek: Sometimes I try to drink mixed drinks instead of beer. Is that better or worse?

TIA ;)

edit: I think I upped my soda intake also. Is that a factor?

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
First start by reducing the amount of soda you drink or just drink diet.

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
Originally posted by: WarSong
Is diet soda okay? Everyone tells me they cause cancer...

Just so you know, everything causes cancer. Once you've accepted this, and get used to the idea, you should be just fine.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Just so you know, everything causes cancer. Once you've accepted this, and get used to the idea, you should be just fine.
Well according to that Joe Jackson song:)

WarSong

Golden Member
Jan 16, 2002
Originally posted by: DOACleric
Try switching to drinking water instead of soda's.

Well, soda is my only source of caffeine since I can't stand coffee. You should see me at work without caffeine, I'm a zombie hehe. I will be trying to cut back though. You guys think it's going to be enough?

FSUpaintball

Banned
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: lirion

Well yes, it DOES seem like everything causes cancer, but there still are a few things you should stay away from. Don't take Tylenol too often, don't use sugarless gum or artificial sugars, don't microwave stuff on those wax styrofoam plates or in the doggie boxes from restaurants, and don't drink diet sodas. Those are the main ones I follow.

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
Originally posted by: FSUpaintball
Originally posted by: lirion

Well yes, it DOES seem like everything causes cancer, but there still are a few things you should stay away from. Don't take Tylenol too often, don't use sugarless gum or artificial sugars, don't microwave stuff on those wax styrofoam plates or in the doggie boxes from restaurants, and don't drink diet sodas. Those are the main ones I follow.

If you do enough different things that cause cancer, by the time your body has decided which type of cancer to develop, you will have died from something else anyway. And really, there are worse things to die from than cancer. Do you want to take that chance?

optoman

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 1999
Cut out the regular pop. I switched to diet Dr. Pepper and I noticed a slight decrease in my belly. It wasn't that big but I went from a 35 inch waist to a 34. I am working out more and that also got me down another inch to 33. Exercise with a better diet will always work.

Another ten pounds and I'll be happy.

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I also have been drinking more beer than ever
Stop drinking BEER!

Start drinking grain alchohol :D

do the math, 12pak o' beer or three or four shots of grain, also wont need to pee as much :D

wnied

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Start drinking grain alchohol

do the math, 12pak o' beer or three or four shots of grain, also wont need to pee as much

Yeah so by age 35 your pissing out your liver, and slowly poisoning yourself to death, instead of slowly dying of cancer. Woohoo!

Fuhgettaboutit! By age 8 your already a walking bag of carcinogenic cells waiting to explode anyways.:p
~wnied~

SilverThief

Diamond Member
May 20, 2000
I developed one over the last year, and even though I have a very physically demanding job, I just cant get rid of it.
:(

SnapIT

Banned
Jul 8, 2002
Originally posted by: SilverThief
I developed one over the last year, and even though I have a very physically demanding job, I just cant get rid of it.
:(

A beer belly is usually a combination of a distended stomach and fat...

There are powerlifters around my gym who has a rock hard six-pack and a beer belly all at the same time...

How do you treat it, first of all, eat smaller meals more often, stay away from carbonated beverages, work your abs hard and work on your posture, do not relax your stomach for a while after eating and eat foods with less carbs... always eat complete meals with both proteins, fat and carbs, do not eat for several hours before going to bed...

That is how you do it... if you got lot's of fat, excersising and a change of diet is the only way... the best is usually to combine all of the mentioned methods...

Good luck!

Pooteh

Aug 12, 2002
i vowed to avoid a beer belly. no uneeded calories.if i drink soda, its diet if possible. you get used to it pretty quick.

small things add up over time.

exersize

if britney can do 300+ situps a day, i can do a few;)