Been thinking about getting plastic surgery.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Why didn't you get it done in South Korea? They do more plastic surgery there than anywhere in the world. They're like masters there since they do so many plastic surgeries. You want a doc who knows what they're doing. I would trust South Korean doc over any US doc.

The thought crossed my mind when I was living there, but I was told not to get it done because Asian and Western faces/noses are so different. Most of the Korean surgeons there don't do Western faces, but I'm sure I could had found someone if I looked hard enough.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
The thought crossed my mind when I was living there, but I was told not to get it done because Asian and Western faces/noses are so different. Most of the Korean surgeons there don't do Western faces, but I'm sure I could had found someone if I looked hard enough.

If you look anything like your avatar, I think your nose should be the least of your concerns...

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Huh... I thought you were Asian.

PowerEngineer

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2001
Yeah but why go through life hating the person staring back at you in the mirror? Especially when modern medicine can give people more options.
There are always risks when it comes to life choices....it's up to the individual person to decide whether or not the choice is worth the risk.

I don't really disagree with your train of logic premised on really "hating" one's reflection in the mirror. I'm thinking, however, that most people would be better off attaching less importance on their (unavoidably transient) physical appearances (and perhaps put more on their actual physical/mental health). IMHO the risks of surgery should outweigh the vanity benefits of plastic surgery, but as you correctly point out this is an individual's choice.

Reactions: gill77

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Yes, I have had plastic surgery when I was 21. I am a petite, athletic body female and I wanted to be a little more busty in my top half. My other curves I got naturally at the gym but there was no way for me to grow or work out until I got full size perky C cups, so I went and had it done surgically. Took several appointments. First was consolation followed by me choosing what I wanted. Third appointment was a procedural discussion, then there was the actual operation. I can say that I am very happy with the results and would do it again 100%.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Yeah but why go through life hating the person staring back at you in the mirror? Especially when modern medicine can give people more options.
There are always risks when it comes to life choices....it's up to the individual person to decide whether or not the choice is worth the risk.
don`t look in a mirror....

• Haha
Reactions: highland145

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Yes, I have had plastic surgery when I was 21. I am a petite, athletic body female

MnEJMCa.gif

i was %99 sure you were an old dude LOL

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Yes, I have had plastic surgery when I was 21. I am a petite, athletic body female and I wanted to be a little more busty in my top half. My other curves I got naturally at the gym but there was no way for me to grow or work out until I got full size perky C cups, so I went and had it done surgically. Took several appointments. First was consolation followed by me choosing what I wanted. Third appointment was a procedural discussion, then there was the actual operation. I can say that I am very happy with the results and would do it again 100%.

Pics?

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
nope, unfortunately it's not possible to fix a stupid gangling long neck that tilts forward by default

YET

cmon science!

it's one of those instant disqualifiers from ever being considered good looking regardless of the rest of the body's condition

maybe i could work out, rebecome the monster ala alkemsyt, then put a paper bag over my head for my tinder profile pic

(or maybe i could just photoshop my head onto alky's body)

There is hope for you yet.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I had plastic surgery!! It did not help at all! The women screamed even louder....

Nov 8, 2012
I've had nose surgery for a deviated septum that I had no idea that I had prior to seeing that doc.

Greatest shit ever. Basically went from not understanding basic nasal breathing to amazing overnight.

Prior to that was fatty tuck surgery for losing over 100lb+

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
If you find qualified and responsible surgeons, you have nothing to fear. Believe me, you aren't the first person who performs nose surgery, this is already a normal process, it's like going for a manicure. My sister had a nose job. We have taken a very responsible approach to this issue.
pics of sis or milf.