Been thinking about getting plastic surgery.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
It's my nose. I hate it. My uncle had a nose job years ago and the doc back then did a very good job. Been thinking of doing the same.

Has anyone here had plastic surgery? Do you know anyone who had it done? How did it turn out?

gill77

Aug 3, 2006
I had this knob on my forehead so they sent me to a plastic surgeon. So technically yes, I have been to one.

What I remember most was the sound. It was just local anesthetic so there was no pain at all, but it sounded like tree stump removal being done on my forehead. It was hard to believe.

The only other thing I remember was the sutures. I've done some suturing and had some done but these were tiny to say the least.

This was a small thing, so it was a big nothing, no issues whatsoever.

BTW, I think your nose looks fine.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
My friend did it & loved the results. They've pretty much got things down to a science now these days. Of course, any surgeries have risks, and you need to have realistic expectations about what the results will be, but my friend feels way more confident on a daily basis, post-surgery.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
nope, unfortunately it's not possible to fix a stupid gangling long neck that tilts forward by default

YET

cmon science!

it's one of those instant disqualifiers from ever being considered good looking regardless of the rest of the body's condition

maybe i could work out, rebecome the monster ala alkemsyt, then put a paper bag over my head for my tinder profile pic

(or maybe i could just photoshop my head onto alky's body)

Last edited:

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
I had it shortly after breaking my nose the second time as a teenager. It was all fucked up and breathing out of one side was more difficult. He did a great job basically making it look like it did before I broke it the first time and opening up whatever was blocking my breathing. It’s not perfectly straight or anything but not noticeable. Easy recovery and I have a small scar underneath.

I wouldn’t do it just for the hell of it but then again I’m already good looking :p

• Haha
Reactions: highland145

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Why didn't you get it done in South Korea? They do more plastic surgery there than anywhere in the world. They're like masters there since they do so many plastic surgeries. You want a doc who knows what they're doing. I would trust South Korean doc over any US doc.

Reactions: zinfamous

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Depending on the scarf, it might be cheaper for him to get the plastic surgery. $7,800 for this Hermes scarf.

https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/pegase-au-bloc-embroidered-scarf-140-H713368Sv09/

Hermes totally knows what they're doing. Men's scarves top out at $1075 while women's scarves top out at $7800.

You should get this sweet men's dragon bag so you can carry around all of your wife's scarves:

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Hermes totally knows what they're doing. Men's scarves top out at $1075 while women's scarves top out at $7800.

You should get this sweet men's dragon bag so you can carry around all of your wife's scarves:

No, that's what is currently in stock on the website. That's not the top for Hermes. The real expensive stuff you can't even buy online and must buy in person at the stores. And that's if they want to sell it to you.

I rock LL Bean classic backpack when I travel. I paid under $20 decade ago and the bag is awesome.
302475_44217_41

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Depending on the scarf, it might be cheaper for him to get the plastic surgery. $7,800 for this Hermes scarf.

https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/pegase-au-bloc-embroidered-scarf-140-H713368Sv09/
Wtf a scarf weaved from 24k gold thread is probably cheaper.

I had surgery to remove a scar left behind by a drunk army doctor. Scar was from me breaking a displaycase glass door the hard way. Glass shard came down (before safety glass) and hit my eye socket, luckily it went outwards or I would probably be dead.

The reconstructive surgery involved cutting the lower eyelid open all the way til end of scar, around 5cm from ear, cut out scar then stitch back together. I think it was 42 points of stitches.

I was awake the whole time.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Elfear

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
I say go for it. You only live once so you might as well make the most of it.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Have the surgeon add a stud to the bridge of your nose so your spectacles stay put.

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
It's my nose. I hate it.
Do birds sometimes perch on it?
1013_roxanne-640.jpg

Or did you recently get hit with a football?
Marcia-was-actually-hit-by-a-football.jpgmarcia-brady.jpg

Seriously though... guess if you really do hate it then i suppose it's probably worth looking into. Ever ask any of your friends or family what they think about your nose?

• Haha
Reactions: DAPUNISHER

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
I had a plastic surgeon sew up my lip in the ER on a 4th of July weekend about twenty years ago. I took a hit to the mouth by my surfboard during an early morning surf session. My lip was split wide open but I really have almost no scar from it and I was back in the water 8 days later right after the stitches were removed.

PowerEngineer

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2001
Mine may well be the minority opinion, but I wouldn't choose to have surgery just to change my appearance. Surgery always comes with risks. If your nose was so badly broken that surgery was required, then why not have it fixed to look more like what you want. But otherwise IMHO: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Reactions: lxskllr

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Mine may well be the minority opinion, but I wouldn't choose to have surgery just to change my appearance. Surgery always comes with risks. If your nose was so badly broken that surgery was required, then why not have it fixed to look more like what you want. But otherwise IMHO: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Yeah but why go through life hating the person staring back at you in the mirror? Especially when modern medicine can give people more options.
There are always risks when it comes to life choices....it's up to the individual person to decide whether or not the choice is worth the risk.