BeeGees fans????

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Anybody?
My mom bought this stupid stupid disco group's "greatest hits" collectible combo. I just rolled my eyes and thought "oh brother, here we go again."

But, when she put it in, I thought to myself "hey, not bad."

After listening to them for quite some time, I've become almost addicted. for the love of GOD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!! :D :p

hehehe. Just kidding.
But, seriously, do we have any BeeGees fans out there?

<< &quot;well you can't tell by the way I usually walk: I'm a woman's man --no time to talk.&quot; >>

Total Refected Power

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
AS someone old enough to remember when this crap was &quot;new&quot; I can't believe people are getting into this stuff again. I have a 10 yr old niece who like &quot;disco&quot;. It was bad then along with leisure suits and it is even worse now with the perspective of 20+ years.

Maybe I'll pull out my &quot;Kung Fu&quot; lunchbox next.

Total Refected Power

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Yea, I was pretty progressive as a youngster in the mid-late seventies. I had a &quot;Kung-Fu&quot; lunchbox as well as a &quot;FAT ALBERT&quot; lunchbox. I had almost all of the bases covered.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
The only super cool lunch box that I had was a SpiderMan lunchbox. I wasn't cool enough to have a G.I.Joe lunchbox. But I had G.I.Joes pajamas, though!!!!!!

TomC25

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 1999

<< << &quot;well you can't tell by the way I usually walk: I'm a woman's man --no time to talk.&quot; >> >>

it is actually:

Well you can tell by the way I walk
I'm a woman's man, no time to talk

just to clarify ;)

ChrichtonsGirl

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2000
I can break out my Charlie's Angels, Wonder Woman or Nancy Drew lunchboxes to beat your Kung Fu and Fat Albert. ;)

The 70's rolled around just as I was getting interested in music, so all of that stuff I remember fondly, including the Bee Gees. One of the brothers looks like a cross between Ally McBeal and Dionne Warwick, minus the skin color.

*Edit - Hey, did I miss it - we got the old smileys back?

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
I thought it was,
you can tell by the the way I USE my walk I'm a womans man no time to talk.
Did you see SatNight LIve when they had John Travolta parody Sat Night fever. Too funny doing the strut down a hallway to the music and asks the girl at the desk where the can is, she looks at him and goes you just walked past it, sneers, he struts down there uses it comes out toilet paper sticking to his shoe walking down the hall , to the music dragging it along. . .

Total Refected Power

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Yea but my Kung Fu lunchbox had the original TOPPS &quot;STAR WARS&quot; bubble gum stickers plastered all over it.

X-Wing Fighter
OBI-WAN
VADER
TIE-FIGHTER

Too cool.

Wonder Women (Linda Carter) was hot though.

denali

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
All I had was my Gunsmoke lunch box. Those metal lunch boxes were great lasted forever, I used the same one for six years.

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
I grew up listening to them, my mother was in love with Barry Gibb. I remember how much my father hated that man.... ;)

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Andy was the only good BeeGee and he's dead! :)

Actually, a little bit of their music was always enjoyable but too much gave me the runs.

cwand

Banned
Jun 26, 2000
Are you kidding? The BeeGees are one of my all-time favorite bands. Back in their day they were extremely popular, and still are. You can't beat &quot;Night Fever&quot; and &quot;Stayin' Alive&quot;. :)

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
I still enjoy them on occasion. They are good for short periods of time. Bring back fond memories too.

crazyasaloon

Mar 5, 2000
Actually, the Bee Gees have been around since the 60's, way before Disco. Check out the early stuff. Great Harmonizing!
To Love Somebody
Got to get a Message to You
Massachusettes
I Started a Joke
etc.....

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Their early stuff was good. They started out about the same time as the Beatles and were very popular, especially in England. Right on for remembering crazyasaloon.

I hated their disco stuff.

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
I've liked the Bee Gees ever since Holiday, Tomorrow, Tomorrow, (The Lights Went Out In) Massachusetts and Living Eyes in 67 and I Started A Joke in 68.

BTW, disco rules! (What else did you expect me to say?)

:D

Jive Talkin' (Bee Gees)