Beau Biden passes away from brain cancer

Feb 4, 2009
Poor Joe. Lost most of his family to a car accident number of years ago now this. I imagine its sad to out live your child.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Poor Joe. Lost most of his family to a car accident number of years ago now this. I imagine its sad to out live your child.

Aww man, I didn't know that about him. Poor guy damn.

RIP Beau, and my heart goes out to heart broken dad... :(

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
This really made affected me. Can't imagine the pain the Joe Biden is feeling to lose another child. Praying for their family and all those families that endure the loss of children.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
People like to make fun of Joe Biden for his supposed gaffes, but the guy's personal integrity is beyond reproach, imho. His relatively low net worth shows that he has never particularly traded on his position for personal gain. He's not a polito-weasel. He speaks his mind. I admire him.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
The first round of cancer is all too frequently won... with a dire return to follow. Our capacity to consistently eliminate all of it is still beyond reach. It remains a collective scourge on our individual survival.

Joe Biden is an opponent in a most heated environment, but I do not wish this on him, his family, or his son Beau. I am saddened that cancer claims another human life, something we should all take value in and mourn the loss of.

My deepest condolences to the Vice President.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
People like to make fun of Joe Biden for his supposed gaffes, but the guy's personal integrity is beyond reproach, imho. His relatively low net worth shows that he has never particularly traded on his position for personal gain. He's not a polito-weasel. He speaks his mind. I admire him.
I have no problem with Uncle Joe as a person. I think people should read up on his history, the tragedies he has dealt with, then admire how he still not only smiles, but enjoys life.

He seems like a genuinely good person and I do admire his ability to weather such harsh tragedies.

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I have no problem with Uncle Joe as a person. I think people should read up on his history, the tragedies he has dealt with, then admire how he still not only smiles, but enjoys life.

He seems like a genuinely good person and I do admire his ability to weather such harsh tragedies.

Yet another point that speaks to his integrity is that his son served in Iraq, one of the very, very few sons of highly placed political figures who did not hide behind family influence to avoid service.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net

Agreed, Joe and Beau are what people should strive to be like. Even with his occasional gaffs, Joe is a good hearted American that loves and supports his country in every aspect of his life. We need more politicians like him. I believe Beau would have made a good Senator as he's the type that would work with anyone to achieve a common goal.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Yet another point that speaks to his integrity is that his son served in Iraq, one of the very, very few sons of highly placed political figures who did not hide behind family influence to avoid service.

Reading up on Beau, he sounds like an awesome human being. The more I read about him, the more respect I have for Joe.

I wouldnt wish what Joe has had to go through on my worst enemy.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
I've been hearing about this today. A sad loss for Biden, and for the world. I hope Beau's family can find comfort somehow.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
Saw this last night. I first read "Beau Biden" and thought of a presidential run and then I continued reading to see he died :( The man was in the prime of his career and family life. Terrible.

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
“We Bidens,” an American Family

A short tribute to a family led by a decent and honorable man, a family that has truly embodied "family values" and service to their country.

At lunchtime on a spring day last year, Joe Biden was at his desk in the West Wing. When the door opened, the Vice-President stood up and stretched. He appeared to be in mid-thought. It was a busy week—I was there to talk to him about Iraq, Ukraine, and other dramas—but when I asked what he’d been thinking about at his desk, he beamed. “A First Communion, man!” It was coming up that weekend, in Delaware, and Biden was heading home to his vast, inseparable family. He said, “I look around at my sister, and a lot of my peers, and younger peers with children who are getting out of college, and they’re scattered all over the universe. I’ve really been lucky. My oldest son, Beau, is attorney general, so he lives a mile and a quarter from my home. My other son, Hunter, lives literally a mile and a quarter from the residence here.” His daughter Ashley went to college at Tulane, and, for a while, he feared that she would settle “down in Looziana,” he said, drawing out the vowels. “Fortunately, she married a Philly boy.” He said, “Every Sunday, when we’re home, we have dinner, you know. It’s been that way for twenty-five years.”

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Wow, so sad. I can't imagine how I would have the strength to deal with all the tradgedy that Joe has experienced in his life.

My heart goes out for Joe and Beau's families.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Joe may make some horrible gaffs but he's (as far as I know) one of a few "good guys" left in DC. He's been through a lot of personal tragedy with his family and shown a lot of strength dealing with them. Deepest sympathies for him and his family.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Well said.

The first round of cancer is all too frequently won... with a dire return to follow. Our capacity to consistently eliminate all of it is still beyond reach. It remains a collective scourge on our individual survival.

Joe Biden is an opponent in a most heated environment, but I do not wish this on him, his family, or his son Beau. I am saddened that cancer claims another human life, something we should all take value in and mourn the loss of.

My deepest condolences to the Vice President.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Joe may make some horrible gaffs but he's (as far as I know) one of a few "good guys" left in DC. He's been through a lot of personal tragedy with his family and shown a lot of strength dealing with them. Deepest sympathies for him and his family.
This is true. His politics are largely not mine and I consider him to be as smart as a bag of hammers, but he has class and integrity. I don't want to make a virtue of poverty, but being the poorest man in the Senate (perhaps in Congress) shows a certain base honesty that is rare in national politics. Most Congresscritters are millionaires after a handful of years.

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
Very sad. Makes you wonder if his serious injuries as a child contributed to his stroke/tumor. RIP

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Watching the funeral on time delay since I skipped-back on the DVR. Seeing the sadness on Joe's face as they slowly bring the casket from the hearse -- it's heartbreaking. I can barely recognize that face without a big smile on it.