BBC - 'Al-Qaeda' attacks rock Saudi capital

Grey

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 1999
They are now reporting a fourth explosion has gone off. This sounds very co-ordinated, could it be Osama back from hiding?

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Osama is in a cave between Pakistan and Afghanistan.

This looks like the work of another terror cell.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Seems the threat of terror is not dependent on Osma alone... maybe there are more than one extremist group that thinks westerners are devils.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
This is not good. I just read 1 dead, 90 injured. Looks like Osama again. We should ratchet up the military to find him and Saddam NOW!

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Sub Human Bastards. They should be hunted down and desposed off like the rabid animals they are! No trial, just shot on site!

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Dumbasses. "Hey let's piss off the most powerful country on the planet...again.."

Soon these people won't even be able to practice thier religion. Talk about digging a hole for yourselves and your culture.

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
Tripleshot - I assume you have a suggestion on how the military can just make an extra effort and find him right away? It isn't like they're not trying right now.

Saudi Arabia has many groups that don't like "infidels". It doesn't have to be Osama related. The ruling family in Saudi Arabia have made a bargain with the Devil. They have promoted and helped the radical clerics in educating the youth of Saudi Arabia for decades. Now they're reaping what they have sown.

Michael

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
The Sauds are as despicable and two faced as they come. Now that would be a regime change I would whole heartedly support.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Michael
Tripleshot - I assume you have a suggestion on how the military can just make an extra effort and find him right away? It isn't like they're not trying right now.

Saudi Arabia has many groups that don't like "infidels". It doesn't have to be Osama related. The ruling family in Saudi Arabia have made a bargain with the Devil. They have promoted and helped the radical clerics in educating the youth of Saudi Arabia for decades. Now they're reaping what they have sown.

Michael

Who is reaping what? It is not a Suadi encampment. It is for westerners. Are you suggesting they reaped what they sow?

Doesn't have to be Osama releated?

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia, May 13 ? Less than a week after al-Qaida warned of an imminent strike, U.S. and Saudi officials said Tuesday morning that at least one person was killed and that 60 other people were injured in four bomb attacks against Western interests in the Saudi capital, three of them in residential compounds housing Americans and other Westerners. A U.S. diplomat said there were unsubstantiated reports of ?a couple of American deaths.?

Again Michael, without you even looking at the facts, you single me out again for debate. You prod and push. I suggest you find another hobby.

I am not suggesting anything but that the military needs to ramp up its search for Osama with all resources available. Remove the head of the snake and the snake dies. Is that too hard for you to comprehend, or do you need more evidence? When did you become an authority on Saudi politics and alliences?

AL-QAIDA?S ?NEW FORM?

"Only a week ago, a new spokesman for al-Qaida, which is blamed for the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks in the United States, warned of an attack against U.S. interests, in a series of e-mail exchanges with the Arabic-language magazine al-Majalla.
The spokesman, Thabet bin Qais, was quoted as claiming that al-Qaida had taken a ?new form? after its leadership was ousted from its former home in Afghanistan by U.S. military forces.
?The Americans only have predictions and old intelligence left,? al-Majalla quoted bin Qais as saying. ?It will take them a long time to understand the new form of al-Qaida.?
The magazine quoted bin Qais as warning of plots ?the size of the Sept. 11 attacks? and promising that ?a strike against America is definitely coming.?
A senior U.S. official told NBC News that bin Qais was believed to be a credible spokesman for al-Qaida. ?He is legitimate,? the source said. ?We have to take him seriously.?
U.S. officials told NBC News that there had recently been a high level of intelligence ?chatter? ? intercepted radio and telephone conversations between suspected terrorists ? but no clear indication where or when they might attack."

NBC?s Charlene Gubash in Cairo, Egypt; Jim Miklaszewski, Tammy Kupperman, Betsy Steuart and Andrea Mitchell in Washington; and Robert Windrem in New York; The Associated Press and Reuters contributed to this report.

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
Tripleshot - Your paranoia is showing. You post here, you're fair game for anyone to reply. Your posts are stupid enough to make a counterpoint easy, but don't flatter yourself into thinking care that much about what you post.

First - you said the US military had to step up their efforts and find Osmana. I asked the obvious question - what are they supposed to do that they're not doing now? You still didn't answer my question. Your answer about the head of the snake is contradicted by the story you quoted in your post about al-Quaida changing form after their leadership was killed or scattered.

Second - Terrorist attacks within their Kingdom does not help the Saudi ruling family. They can't show weakness, they'll be pulled down.

Third - Quoting news stories written by reporters isn't proof of anything. Didn't you read the NY Times articles where they admitted that the printed articles on their front page that were fabricated. What makes you think that the articles have any real information? They're quoting the same sources that said there were WMD all over Iraq.

Again, I do not have a problem with your right to post your views. I reserve the right to point out your typical shallowness and stupidity, however.

Michael

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
I reserve the right to point out your typical shallowness and stupidity, however.

Back at ya, Michael.

>>>>>"NBC?s Charlene Gubash in Cairo, Egypt; Jim Miklaszewski, Tammy Kupperman, Betsy Steuart and Andrea Mitchell in Washington; and Robert Windrem in New York; The Associated Press and Reuters contributed to this report."<<<<<<

These are all impeachable resources, huh? CNN, Fox, MSNBC and every local TV station in the world is broadcasting this and you are replying with this?

>>>Third - Quoting news stories written by reporters isn't proof of anything. Didn't you read the NY Times articles where they admitted that the printed articles on their front page that were fabricated. What makes you think that the articles have any real information? They're quoting the same sources that said there were WMD all over Iraq.<<<

Just pointing out how shallow and stupid your opinion is about current events.

>>>>First - you said the US military had to step up their efforts and find Osmana. I asked the obvious question - what are they supposed to do that they're not doing now? You still didn't answer my question.<<<<

The obvious, Michael, is it isn't even a debatable question. The obvious is Osama is still out there,and so is Saddam. The obvious is we need to redouble our efforts to capture them. You have a problem with that assement, or do you want to call me stupid and shallow some more?

You damn well better back off. I am not fair game. In fact, I may not play fair at all. I am annoyed at you, and I suggest you give this a rest. You are making personal attacks and pointing them right at me. I will defend myself fine, but you may not get the outcome you think. You haven't seen me ever direct an initial post directed to attack you. You can't say you haven't dileberately attacked me though, can you? :disgust:

Chris A

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: LilBlinbBlahIce
The Sauds are as despicable and two faced as they come. Now that would be a regime change I would whole heartedly support.

LOL Honestly the first time I have agreed with you..
:cool:

MadRat

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
People around here simply amaze me... yeah, in a simple way. Why change out a regime that is simple-minded and predictable? We can work with this regime because its motivations are well understood. Replace it now and a whole new learning process has to be initiated.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
SA is in massive debt. Besides they have pledged democratic reform so our best bet is to do as planned, get out of there and let them take care of business. Iraq being FREE right there is going to increase the internal pressure in SA and Iran for change.

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
Tripleshot - I have every right to reply to your posts. This is typical behaviour by you. If someone has an opposing point of view, they can't post. Feel free to post as much as you want to and I'll do the same.

I will reply to your posts whenever I feel like it.

I don't really care that you're "annoyed".

You have a remarkably thin skin if you think I'm "attacking" you.

You're quoting news organizations that reported that there were WMD found every day in the beginning of the Iraq war. You're quoting news organizations that were convinced that we were going to lose the Iraq War after the first week. These same news organizations also missed the dot com crash and were sure that a white man was the Washington sniper.

It could have been al-Qaida. It could have been a group affiliated with them. It could have been some new group inspired by them. It could have been a radical part of the Saudi government looking to push the "infidels" out of the "Holy Land".

Michael

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Michael
Tripleshot - I have every right to reply to your posts. This is typical behaviour by you. If someone has an opposing point of view, they can't post. Feel free to post as much as you want to and I'll do the same.

I will reply to your posts whenever I feel like it.

I don't really care that you're "annoyed".

You have a remarkably thin skin if you think I'm "attacking" you.

You're quoting news organizations that reported that there were WMD found every day in the beginning of the Iraq war. You're quoting news organizations that were convinced that we were going to lose the Iraq War after the first week. These same news organizations also missed the dot com crash and were sure that a white man was the Washington sniper.

It could have been al-Qaida. It could have been a group affiliated with them. It could have been some new group inspired by them. It could have been a radical part of the Saudi government looking to push the "infidels" out of the "Holy Land".

Michael

Could have? OBL took credit for this attack, which was thought to be his work BEFORE his admission, organizations have telltale tactics, planning, etc....

Mideast - AFP Al-Qaeda carried out Riyadh attacks: report

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Pockets of 'decadence' But even when the military personnel have gone, some 30,000 American civilians will remain - together with tens of thousands of Europeans, Canadians, Japanese and other expatriates.

Most live in walled compounds, where alcohol flows and the sexes mingle - and for militant Islamists the compounds are symbols not just of a resented Western presence, but of Western decadence.

so even if the US pulls out there are still plenty of other "western" nations contributing to this problem. Reminds me of Kosovo, where the citizens blame the US alone for the lack of progress, even though the UN is the only party with the power....

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Yeap, Bush's little war sure took the weapon out of the terrorist's hand and eliminated the risk for American.

I sure hope all the people who died and the money spent during the Iraqi war actually meant something.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
"Al Qaeda is on the run,? Bush said on May 5. ?Right now, about half of all the top Al Qaeda operatives are either jailed or dead. In either case, they?re not a problem anymore.?

Is that so George boy?

There were no and still are no Weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, no evidence linking Al Qaeda and Saddam, nothing but Oil and Oil contracts.

Who are the real enemies? Saudi's and their corrupt repressive government.

Why doesnt GW Bush denounce the repressive Saudi dictatorship for what it is? For the very same reason he's blocking the congressional investigation of the 9/11 intelligence failures. Save reason Kissinger resigned from the head of 9/11 investigation.

To save the Saudi's and themselves from embarassment and to hide the fact that his Senior Bush, Henry Kissinger, and other power players are partners in a oil enterprise with the Saudi's.

MadRat

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Excuse Bush for working with the only legitimate government in Saudi Arabia. Excuse Bush for forging a tenable peace in the Middle East by toppling the real problems in the Middle East. Excuse Bush for sending the FBI into Saudi Arabia which is the source of a majority of Al Qaeda. Excuse Bush for protecting not only American interests, but French and German interests, by getting the oil that feeds Central Europe back online. And excuse Bush for not embarassing the hell out of those same French and German pussies that supported Saddam Hussien and his regime...

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz
"Al Qaeda is on the run,? Bush said on May 5. ?Right now, about half of all the top Al Qaeda operatives are either jailed or dead. In either case, they?re not a problem anymore.?

Is that so George boy?

There were no and still are no Weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, no evidence linking Al Qaeda and Saddam, nothing but Oil and Oil contracts.

Who are the real enemies? Saudi's and their corrupt repressive government.

Why doesnt GW Bush denounce the repressive Saudi dictatorship for what it is? For the very same reason he's blocking the congressional investigation of the 9/11 intelligence failures. Save reason Kissinger resigned from the head of 9/11 investigation.

To save the Saudi's and themselves from embarassment and to hide the fact that his Senior Bush, Henry Kissinger, and other power players are partners in a oil enterprise with the Saudi's.

Are you saying that Iraq NEVER had biological and chemical weapons? If that is not what you are saying than what happened to them?

"the fact that his Senior Bush, Henry Kissinger, and other power players are partners in a oil enterprise with the Saudi's"

Do you have a link to a page detailing that deal?

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz
Osama is in a cave between Pakistan and Afghanistan.

This looks like the work of another terror cell.

your powers of astute observation have served you well once again.....;)

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Smiley the royal family has said they will slowly turn over power to the people with the use of a large elected representative body to handle governance. The US has pressured them to do this for years, through the last 4 administrations. Why do you think they suddenly agreed?

You think it would be difficult to show a clear trail between SA and Al-Qaida? Who exactly would stop us from removing the royal family if we chose? I know you might find this hard to believe, but I have a sneaky feeling Bush put a little pressure on them, and a nice example was used right next door to illustrate the point. Either way, their sudden shift in endorsing democratic rule is welcome.

What other internall pressures are they facing? How does their financial situation in fact have more bearing than anything else on OPEC pricing? What ramifications would there be to the royal family if Iraq were not involved in OPEC and SA could not control the price per barrel on the open market? You sure you understand all the forces at play here?