BB hit 600 today.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
did u say that when big mac was chasing the single season hr record? have you noticed sammy's growth over the years.

just stfu w/ ignorance re something you have no real evidence of.

BB may or may not be using steroids but i don't see how anyone can say w/ any certainty that there is a greater chance that he is using over any other player in baseball today.

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Face it......... they are all on the juice :p They may get some fame now but when they get older they will pay the price.

Cheers,
Aquaman

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Face it......... they are all on the juice They may get some fame now but when they get older they will pay the price.

Cheers,
Aquaman

i agree this is a much more likely scenario.

but if they are all on the juice just lay off barry bonds. it still doesn't take away from the fact that 600 hr is an amazing achievement.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: hypersonic5
Best Buy is 600 years old? :Q

Glad I'm not the only "Non-Sports-Guy" on AT! I said to myself "damn, BestBuy stock hit $600 per share today!!! I wish I'd bought some!!"

But, it's about Professional Sports...I.E. Money Incorporated. You want me to smile for the camera? Speak to my agent and arrange a photo op, please. BS! :|

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000

Are you Blind?? Just look at him.

Im a Giants fan, but dont like barry he is a @SS.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000

my problem is the double standard. look at big mac early in his creer and now. look at jason giambi early and now.

damn. look at me in my 20's an now. i was 5'11" 125 in college now i'm 6' 235 w/ no steroids.

it happens.

but once again. my problem is the fvcking double standard. no one talks about big mac or sosa or giambi and yet they talk about barry as if he were the ONLY one doing steroids.

no wonder some people talk about racism regarding this issue.

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
my problem is the fvcking double standard. no one talks about big mac or sosa or giambi and yet they talk about barry as if he were the ONLY one doing steroids.

Who talks like its only berry, also some of these guys are gaining all this lean mass after they turn 30.

BTW I dont give a $hit who uses steriods, I just dont like berry.

Also are you trying to say you gained 110lbs of lean mass and only grew 1inch. PICS please.

Originally posted by: Renob

Agreed. For those of you that dont follow sports...when asked about fans complaining he makes too much for playing a sport, his reply was "Its not my fault they dont play baseball."

I hope he gets mauled by a bear.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
Are you Blind?? Just look at him. Im a Giants fan, but dont like barry he is a @SS.
my problem is the double standard. look at big mac early in his creer and now. look at jason giambi early and now. damn. look at me in my 20's an now. i was 5'11" 125 in college now i'm 6' 235 w/ no steroids. it happens. but once again. my problem is the fvcking double standard. no one talks about big mac or sosa or giambi and yet they talk about barry as if he were the ONLY one doing steroids. no wonder some people talk about racism regarding this issue.

I feel the same way about caminiti and everyone else, its just they're not on track to rewrite a major bb record. No pro athlete hits their late 30's and suddenly has possibly less body fat than before with bulging veins in their arms and an extra 30+ pounds off solid mass - thats a pipedream.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Who talks like its only berry, also some of these guys are gaining all this lean mass after they turn 30.

BTW I dont give a $hit who uses steriods, I just dont like berry.

Also are you trying to say you gained 110lbs of lean mass and only grew 1inch. PICS please.

:) No way 110 all lean mass. i went from 125 lbs and 5 percent body fat to 235 and 20 percent body fat. so no. not all lean mass. i haven't worked out in 3 years and have gotten a bit out of shape. BUT i did gain a lot of lean mass, mb 60 lbs or so.

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
Bary Bonds dose have a pretty bad attitude, he's never been a cool charicter in my book. I've had the chance to meet him in SF with an uncle of mine and he was nothing short of an a**hole, but I'm sure he has his reasons, people always bothering him, ect. I think its obvious he has taken Roids at one point or another, the guy cant even run any more!! BUT, he IS awsome at what he dose, and I think its a shame he gets walked so much. When it comes straight down to it, more than 50% of baseball players are taking some form of growth hormone, which is understandable. Baseball is just not a phisically demanding sport, if it was there would be no need for stimulants. But hey, if they want to ruin their bodys I think thats up to them, I really doubt its helping their game in any way.

Passner

Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: OmegaNauce
Originally posted by: Renob

Agreed. For those of you that dont follow sports...when asked about fans complaining he makes too much for playing a sport, his reply was "Its not my fault they dont play baseball."

I hope he gets mauled by a bear.

First off, that was not what he said. He said something much nicer, and better worded. His was an answer to why the players are not wrong in demanding what they demand in salary. and you know what, he is 100% correct. if it were up to the populace, baseball players would make 40K a year, because they are convinced they should be playing for free simply because it is a game they grew up with. He was giving them a basic lesson in Smith capitalism.

Passner

Oct 7, 2001
I just want to add that Bonds is my favorite player, along with Green, Greenberg and Youkilis. Why, you ask? Because he is an honest human being. I do not know Bonds personally, but neither do you, so to assume anything about his character based on the penned words of writers who may or may not be writers who are trying to put food on their tables, and to assume he is a jerk based on the condensed sound snippets on ESPN is ludicrous. To assume he is on steroids simply because he is more ripped than ever is also wrong. Sure there is a chance of it, but that goes for everyone, and I don't see ppl talking about steroids regarding anyone other than Bonds and Sosa after the original steroid story bubbled over.

I think it speakes volumes that the players are totally convinced that less than 5% will test positive for 'roids. I also think that Bonds will test negative as the MLBPA would never agree to anything where its major selling points, like bonds, are proven to be using enhancers. My theory is that Bonds shied away from working on speed training the past few years and devoted all his time to wait, and timing training, because he is not only hitting more homers, he is making more contact and showing more patience. I think he has struck out swinging less than 10 times this year. I don't judge the human being, b/c we don't know the facts; I judge the player, and bonds has one equal in the annals of the game: Ruth.

dawks

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I still believe this hole home run thing was a huge publicity stunt.. I remember seeing all over the news a few years back stories of how the MLB was worried people were loosing interest.. their television audience was dwindling.. and game attendence was way down.. then convieniently, the next season, there was this huge 'Home Run Race'.. Just out of no where these two guys start competing for a record.. What happend to the race now? They can only have one good season?

I just think it was fixed.. Wouldnt be too hard to walk up to a pitcher and say.. "hey, heres $10,000, put a few pitches right over the plate for barry"

:):D
rolleye.gif

dafatha00

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
just want to add that Bonds is my favorite player, along with Green, Greenberg and Youkilis. Why, you ask? Because he is an honest human being. I do not know Bonds personally, but neither do you, so to assume anything about his character based on the penned words of writers who may or may not be writers who are trying to put food on their tables, and to assume he is a jerk based on the condensed sound snippets on ESPN is ludicrous.

Uh, you're contradicting yourself there buddy. You say that Bonds is an honest human being and then you preach on about how people shouldn't assume anything about a certain someone based on the words of others?

Passner

Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: dafatha00
just want to add that Bonds is my favorite player, along with Green, Greenberg and Youkilis. Why, you ask? Because he is an honest human being. I do not know Bonds personally, but neither do you, so to assume anything about his character based on the penned words of writers who may or may not be writers who are trying to put food on their tables, and to assume he is a jerk based on the condensed sound snippets on ESPN is ludicrous.

Uh, you're contradicting yourself there buddy. You say that Bonds is an honest human being and then you preach on about how people shouldn't assume anything about a certain someone based on the words of others?

I didn't say he was good or bad, what i mean is that he is clearly more open when he does talk. He is not like the Nuke LaLoosh type (interview-wise.) by honest human being, I wasn't ascribing anything to him.

Passner

Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: DaZ
I still believe this hole home run thing was a huge publicity stunt.. I remember seeing all over the news a few years back stories of how the MLB was worried people were loosing interest.. their television audience was dwindling.. and game attendence was way down.. then convieniently, the next season, there was this huge 'Home Run Race'.. Just out of no where these two guys start competing for a record.. What happend to the race now? They can only have one good season?

I just think it was fixed.. Wouldnt be too hard to walk up to a pitcher and say.. "hey, heres $10,000, put a few pitches right over the plate for barry"

:):D
rolleye.gif

You strike me as a casual fan, so I will tell you that bonds did not just have one good season. He had 6 MVP caliber years before 2001 and then 2001 wasn't just a good year, it was the best season ever by a hitter. And this year, offense is down so most aren't putting up the big numbers of 1995-2000. Bonds is once again having an amazing year, almost as good as last year, and if he can keep it up, the 2nd best season ever. That, and I assure you there is no fixing going on in baseball. Just look at the owners: record revenue in 2001 and they spend millions trying to convince everyone they lost a quarter billion.