BB guns legal to fire in San Jose, CA city limits?

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
ah lame, found my answer

http://www.amlegal.com/sanjose_ca/lpext.dll?f=templates&fn=main-j.htm

10.32.140 Projectile weapons prohibited.

A. No person shall, within the limits of the city of San José, make use of any slingshot, crossbow or similar device, or discharge or propel any dart, pellet, BB, rock, bolt, arrow or any other projectile from any air rifle, air pistol, BB gun, pellet gun, slingshot, rubber sling, crossbow or other instrument or device by means of which missiles of any kind or description are hurled, shot or projected.

B. The prohibition in subsection A. shall not apply to the use of bows and crossbows at archery and crossbow ranges within the city. Bows and crossbows shall be used at ranges in a manner that will not endanger the public health, safety and general welfare.

(Ords. 19800, 24227.)

Great, cant even play poor man's shooting gallery in my backyard. Heck, if you wanna be a dick about it, you cant even fire a nerf bow and arrow. As its a projectile weapon shooting a dart. At least i still got rubber bands!

blueghost75

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2000
i doubt anyone would notice, and so long as you are not dong anything dangerous, it would probably be ok. Just make sure you don't have any @ss neighbors.....

Oct 9, 1999
ah.. the famous *my friends* incident.. apparently they brought that into affect after he did something with a BB gun (I cant say thanks to PETA).. but I beleive it was enacted after he did something.

huey1124

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2000

don't they sell BB guns at sporting goods stores in San Jose? (ie. Big 5 Sporting Goods) if it's illegal, then how can they sell it?