BB ad starts 9-9

fujimitsu

Aug 28, 2007
pretty good discount, although after tax i dont think it will make any of their cards that cheap. Their markup is ridiculous on video cards.

QueHuong

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
The dual core Pentium laptop in the 3rd scan with 1GB memory seems like a good deal for $550 AR. I haven't been following up with laptop prices much, but what do you guys think?

flashbacck

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2001

dds14u

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2004
Originally posted by: flashbacck
Originally posted by: dds14u
Originally posted by: ActiveX
These are not my links. Best Buy Advertisement from 9/9-9/15.

BB 9/9-9/15 Scan 1
BB 9/9-9/15 Scan 2
BB 9/9-9/15 Scan 3
BB 9/9-9/15 Scan 4

Thanks for the post.

Anyone know if the Acer P191WBD any good?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ol...KNC-TLC&ref=25&loc=SMX

It's going on sale for $199.99

The past few weeks there have been deals on <$200 22" LCDs, if you can wait that might be a better deal.

I've seen them, but I'm waiting specifically on a 19" WS.

batmanuel

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2003
Originally posted by: QueHuong
The dual core Pentium laptop in the 3rd scan with 1GB memory seems like a good deal for $550 AR. I haven't been following up with laptop prices much, but what do you guys think?

My wife's grandmother needed a new laptop this week, so I actually grabbed the $450 Compaq laptop on the page right before the Toshiba since she's on a tight budget.

Aside from a little fugliness on the part of the Compaq, the only difference I could see between the two is that the Toshiba has a 120GB hard drive and the Compaq has an 80GB drive. Otherwise, they both have Pentium Dual Core processors, Vista Home Premium and 1GB of RAM. Once I cleaned off Norton and installed AVG instead, the Compaq is running pretty snappy for a sub-$500 laptop (it even has a 5400 RPM hard drive instead of the 4200 I was expecting).

It's not as pretty as some of the new V6000 series Compaqs, but the build quality seems decent enough. I think it'll get the job done for her.

lazarus000

Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by: batmanuel
Originally posted by: QueHuong

My wife's grandmother needed a new laptop this week, so I actually grabbed the $450 Compaq laptop on the page right before the Toshiba since she's on a tight budget.

Aside from a little fugliness on the part of the Compaq, the only difference I could see between the two is that the Toshiba has a 120GB hard drive and the Compaq has an 80GB drive. Otherwise, they both have Pentium Dual Core processors, Vista Home Premium and 1GB of RAM. Once I cleaned off Norton and installed AVG instead, the Compaq is running pretty snappy for a sub-$500 laptop (it even has a 5400 RPM hard drive instead of the 4200 I was expecting).

It's not as pretty as some of the new V6000 series Compaqs, but the build quality seems decent enough. I think it'll get the job done for her.

that's what i was thinking of doing for my mom

but her birthday isn't until november .... i'm wondering whether i should grab this or wait until thanksgiving sales.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Wait till November, I would say, especially if her birthday is after Thanksgiving. Computer prices generally fall over time, plus Black Friday is a very good time for loss leader laptops (if you are willing to stand in line).

lazarus000

Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Thump553
Wait till November, I would say, especially if her birthday is after Thanksgiving. Computer prices generally fall over time, plus Black Friday is a very good time for loss leader laptops (if you are willing to stand in line).
yea, thank! :)

Must ... resist ... urge to buy .....