Baucus Calls HC Bill Wealth Redistribution

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
He didn't specify whom he thought the parasites were. You seem to be putting words in his mouth...
Parasites represent 100% of the people who will benefit from HCR, obviously.

nonlnear

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2008
Parasites represent 100% of the people who will benefit from HCR, obviously.
And many factory workers won't actually benefit from it because they tend to already have decent group plans. Many factory workers will find their costs go up, so even by your attempt to twist the definition back in your favor, it doesn't quite work.

Sep 12, 2004
HC in general gobbles wealth. We're just reforming what wealth it gobbles.
We're not reforming what wealth it gobbles. We're reforming how much it gobbles. It's going to gobble way more and, unfortunately, some people are actually stupid enough to think this isn't going to gobble their wealth.

I'll wait and see what happens though when it begins taking money from those "progressives" who so love this reform. If they actually believe that the wealthy will be the only ones footing this bill they have another thing coming. In fact, I'll make a prediction. I predict that in 5 to 6 years, many of those now in favor of HCR will passionately despise it.

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
I predict that in 5 to 6 years, many of those now in favor of HCR will passionately despise it.
Like all the other "Obummer" predictions that have come true so far?

Maybe that's where all the hot air that's causing global warming is coming from.

Sep 12, 2004
Like all the other "Obummer" predictions that have come true so far?

Maybe that's where all the hot air that's causing global warming is coming from.
I'm not an "Obummer" type. I voted for him and I think he's doing a decent job. I'm a "be careful what you wish for" type. Despite the outward allure of this shiny object called HCR, it is filled with shit.

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
I'm a "be careful what you wish for" type. Despite the outward allure of this shiny object called HCR, it is filled with shit.
Health care reform is absolutely vitally necessary to the long term survival of this country. The bill that passed only hits on a few necessary points; there is a lot more reform ahead before we get to where we need to be.