Battlestar Galactica - I just started Season 1 episode 1 yet it isnt the first

JImmyK

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
So Im finally going to start watching battle star gallactica and when I play season 1 episode 1 it starts out by saying "Previously on Battlestar galactica"...

how can there be a previously when its the first episode?

I have been waiting a year to start watching this series and I have about 40 episodes now taht c ant watch until I figure out whats going on! help a brotha out plz.

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
I think there was a four(?)-part mini-series-type movie that came out before the show itself actually started.

Edit: Ahh ok, so it was a four-hour, and not necessarily a four-part, movie. Gotchya.

Shadowknight

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Yeah, there was a movie first. I think it was two parts? Anyway, it's available on DVD. What's annoying is that the original sets of S1 had just season one, while later sets bundled them movie with it. Feh.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I still can't believe they haven't replayed the miniseries since yet.

JImmyK

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
O M G!

I just spent the last 4 hours watching this miniseries.... I am absolutely floored... Im literally thinking about skipping work to start watching the series....

It is so rare to discover such a wicked show and have 3 seasons to watch... It would almost be like discovering TNG for the first time....

UTmtnbiker

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2000
Don't want to rain on your parade and won't give any spoilers, but don't get too excited. Season 2 is pretty good. Season 3 is not nearly as strong as the first two.

Savor what you love about BSG right now. Season 1 kicks butt and is totally awesome.

thedarkwolf

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
There is one kick butt episode in season 3 and you will know when you get to it. Rest is pretty much filler.

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: JImmyK
O M G!

I just spent the last 4 hours watching this miniseries.... I am absolutely floored... Im literally thinking about skipping work to start watching the series....

It is so rare to discover such a wicked show and have 3 seasons to watch... It would almost be like discovering TNG for the first time....

Yup.. I felt that way when I started watching BSG after the end of Season 1.

JImmyK

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I know I sound like a broken record, but Im at the office now (no unfortunately I didnt skip) Im still running that 4 hours through my head. I hear its also going to be on for another season at least!

Im so shocked that this show is not getting more attention, it's great.

Qwest

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2001
STRETCH it out as much as you can...the show doesnt continue until 2008!

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Season 3's last 6 episodes are all amazing.. plenty of good ones before that too.. The only people who don't like season 3 are the people who are offended by having anything similar to the Iraq war(even if they results are different and it's completely relevant to the story and no conclusions are drawn).

Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: JImmyK
I know I sound like a broken record, but Im at the office now (no unfortunately I didnt skip) Im still running that 4 hours through my head. I hear its also going to be on for another season at least!

Im so shocked that this show is not getting more attention, it's great.

It started out good but slowly slid down hill. I stopped watching midway through season 2.

Skotty

Dec 29, 2006
I lost interest during season 2... got a bit too much like a soap opera to me. Season 1, however, rocked. I wonder if I should give it another go for the sake of season 3?

mrkun

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2005
Originally posted by: shadow9d9
Season 3's last 6 episodes are all amazing.. plenty of good ones before that too.. The only people who don't like season 3 are the people who are offended by having anything similar to the Iraq war(even if they results are different and it's completely relevant to the story and no conclusions are drawn).

Umm, no. I don't like Season 3 past Ep4 because it was all filler, for the most part, and the producers admitted they were just making sh*t up as they went, and they really had no idea where the show was supposed to be going.

Edit: And on that note, I think I'm going to watch Episode 4. =)

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: mrkun

Umm, no. I don't like Season 3 past Ep4 because it was all filler, for the most part, and the producers admitted they were just making sh*t up as they went, and they really had no idea where the show was supposed to be going.

There was an interview w/ the creator, where he says that they cut a lot of planned stuff from the middle of the season because they thought it distracted from the finale. Remember the Saggitarions (SP?) in the hangar in that one episode? That was a continuing plot line that got cut.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Season 1 is awesome. I also really enjoyed season 2 and thought the episodes in the middle of season 2 (Pegasus and the two Resurrection eps) were particularly good. There's one scene in Pegasus (s02e10 IIRC) that is amazing. I thought that was the best episode of any show I've ever seen.

Season 3 is... different. It's definitely a bit slower in the middle of the season than the others, but it looks like season 4 will have some potential.

JImmyK

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: mrkun

OMG! Dude I just finished watching Season 3 Episode 4 around 1 AM last night and I couldnt go to sleep 2 hours after it.

SPOILERS!!!

When Galactica is falling through the atmosphere lauching vypers oh daaaaaaaang that was on point..