Battlefield 4 Rumors

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
No there isnt, you cannot strafe as you run in BC2. You have to be looking in the direction you are running.

The addition of strafe running alone puts BF3 miles ahead of BC2.

Ah, I see.

Oct 25, 2006
No there isnt, you cannot strafe as you run in BC2. You have to be looking in the direction you are running.

The addition of strafe running alone puts BF3 miles ahead of BC2.

Well thats a pretty stupid complaint. When in the world are you ever strafe running unless you're running and gunning. I don't think you could even strafe run in BF2 and that was a game with limited sprint, unlike overpowered unlimited sprint bullshit.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Well thats a pretty stupid complaint. When in the world are you ever strafe running unless you're running and gunning. I don't think you could even strafe run in BF2 and that was a game with limited sprint, unlike overpowered unlimited sprint bullshit.
Im always running and gunning and Ill tear you a new asshole while doing it.

Continue to creep around camping in BF2 bushes, the rest of us will move on and enjoy the new and improved BF series. :p

Oct 25, 2006
Im always running and gunning and Ill tear you a new asshole while doing it.

Continue to creep around camping in BF2 bushes, the rest of us will move on and enjoy the new and improved BF series. :p

And this is why battlefield is dead.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005

Strafe running is VERY useful, how is it a complaint? And if it wasn't in BF2, does that automatically make it a bad addition so that, in your mind, BF3 is that much worse because it contains something BF2 did not... regardless of how practical it may be?

Strafe running isn't something you do often, true, but it's quite handy when running away from, or running toward, something that is shooting at you.

Last edited:

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
And this is why battlefield is dead.

Battlefield is dead! Long live Battlefield!

e-sports-style FPS gaming has taken over the majority of multiplayer FPS. If you want your slow-paced, ultra-realistic games, look to ARMA and the like.

Oct 25, 2006
Battlefield is dead! Long live Battlefield!

e-sports-style FPS gaming has taken over the majority of multiplayer FPS. If you want your slow-paced, ultra-realistic games, look to ARMA and the like.

Except Battlefield was never a ultra-realistic game. It was a medium pace team based game.

E-sports for battlefield are fucking retarded unless 1) they continue to go COD, which they will, or 2)They start having 64 v 64 tournaments which will never happen because of logistics clusterfucks.

The fact that they're trying to make battlefield into a game that simply doesn't work in a e-sports environment is retarded.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
Strafe running is VERY useful, how is it a complaint? And if it wasn't in BF2, does that automatically make it a bad addition so that, in your mind, BF3 is that much worse because it contains something BF2 did not... regardless of how practical it may be?

Strafe running isn't something you do often, true, but it's quite handy when running away from, or running toward, something that is shooting at you.

That's pretty much the gist of their argument. I find it rather amusing that most of the reasons as to why BF3 sucks boils down to their love for BF2 and has nothing to do with BF3 itself.

Here are my reasons for why I would hate BF3: getting caught on tiny rubbles on certain maps, that's just sloppy on the designers parts. Repetitive interiors of buildings as well. However, the quality of design on every other aspects of the game are great enough to overshadow the bad. Because they switched up the gameplay does not make the game bad. Just because it's not the game you wanted does not make it bad. Just because you don't like a game doesn't make it bad. It's sitting at 89% on meta critic.

Any self-respecting gamer would at least appreciate BF3 as a game for what it achieved to do. Me personally, I'm enjoying the shit out of the game, specifically Armored Kill. But probably because I'm kicking too much ass in it.

scooterlibby

Feb 28, 2009
BF3 would be better with some of the things BF2 had, like the ability to destroy team assets...oh wait, there are no team assets in BF3. Artillery is missed. The radar station and commander mode was great. Other than that, I think BF3 is great. I could only dream of a badass BF2143 release with epic MECH walkers etc. I think they should add a jet powered flying wing to the recon class, like that french guy who flies around with his winged thingy. That would be just great. Would be amazing to have small battle boats with bombardment capability and then have subs to counter them. The subs could even have cruise missile capability where it launches out of the water to attack land targets. Damn, those things right there would make the game so sick.

Oh man, we can dream Sounds great.